Latest boxing crack

Couldn’t agree more. He’s the potential to be world class and be the top but he’s got a lot to work on. Adam booth is a class trainer who will work on everything I’m sure of that. Looking at the fight tonight if he gets caught like he did especially the round were he got caught twice one after another against someone anywhere near or at world level he gets dropped. I loved the fact he came out after the fight and spoke about it so he knows it’s a weakness which he sounds like he can take to his trainer and work on without his trainer having to even push it on him. Shows a good fighters when he knows what he’s got to do to be the best.

I think he's fighting like that for a reason.

I have a feeling he has a rock solid chin and so they know that. So, they're prepared to take the risk of sticking his chin out there and utilise his movement to avoid punches and draw the other lad in. Watching him in the amateurs, he was very beatable fighting in a conventional manner.

I don't expect him to change his style. What you're seeing now is what you'll get throughout his career because they're aiming to utilise his big advantage, which is his movement, and take the risk of being sparked given that I think his chin will hold up.

He's proven in the amateurs that fighting a conventional style he doesn't have what it takes to compete for the big titles.

Any stupid carry on?

Not from where I was, as expected the mags lapped up Ritson (which I don't mind, expected), few shouts of red and white army for Kelly which were silenced by black and white army but it was all good fun really, I think other than the odd tosspot everyone was behind both fighters. Quite a few left before Kelly which I thought was odd. The only real prick I came across was the coked up Irish charver next to me who was following Hyland. Couldn't keep his leg still and knocked my pint over. Bought me another like

Not from where I was, as expected the mags lapped up Ritson (which I don't mind, expected), few shouts of red and white army for Kelly which were silenced by black and white army but it was all good fun really, I think other than the odd tosspot everyone was behind both fighters. Quite a few left before Kelly which I thought was odd. The only real prick I came across was the coked up Irish charver next to me who was following Hyland. Couldn't keep his leg still and knocked my pint over. Bought me another like
Good to hear, thank you

I think he's fighting like that for a reason.

I have a feeling he has a rock solid chin and so they know that. So, they're prepared to take the risk of sticking his chin out there and utilise his movement to avoid punches and draw the other lad in. Watching him in the amateurs, he was very beatable fighting in a conventional manner.

I don't expect him to change his style. What you're seeing now is what you'll get throughout his career because they're aiming to utilise his big advantage, which is his movement, and take the risk of being sparked given that I think his chin will hold up.

He's proven in the amateurs that fighting a conventional style he doesn't have what it takes to compete for the big titles.
I disagree, I think he works on his weakness and becomes a world champion, the way he spoke after the fight for me tonight was encouraging, only time will tell I know however if he sticks to what we saw tonight which was like you say leaving his chin out there he won’t make it, he gets caught like that at world class level it’ll be game over.

Just got home. Really enjoyed it. 2 cracking NE prospects on show

Agreed, despite him being a mag and his fans being mags will support Ritzon as he is bloody great to watch. The more the NE fighters progress and feature on the telly box the more young kids will want to box and the bigger and better the scene will be. The football rivalry needs to be kept away from the boxing, I would hate to see any bollocks in the crowd that meant these two great mates couldnt fight on the same bill because of idiots who hijack the event to settle football scores.

Enjoyed the show. The Geordie craic with Ritson was testing me mind. Plus , loads of people just left when Kelly come on. Had Mackem bastard all around me. We booted off and it settled down .

Good show. The hall McDonnell fight was a joke . Everyone knew it would last a century . Bar time .

Ritson has power but will get immediate KO when be moves up. No defence. Kelly doesn't risk much . Too slick .

Enjoyed the show. The Geordie craic with Ritson was testing me mind. Plus , loads of people just left when Kelly come on. Had Mackem bastard all around me. We booted off and it settled down .

Good show. The hall McDonnell fight was a joke . Everyone knew it would last a century . Bar time .

Ritson has power but will get immediate KO when be moves up. No defence. Kelly doesn't risk much . Too slick .

How can you say Kelly doesn't risk much when he fought with his hands down all fight :p

Would be great if they could continue on the same fight cards, if nob heads stop that happening it will be a sad day for North East boxing. Sadly there is little doubt it will kick off sooner rather than later once the beer is flowing.

Would be great if they could continue on the same fight cards, if nob heads stop that happening it will be a sad day for North East boxing. Sadly there is little doubt it will kick off sooner rather than later once the beer is flowing.

Aye mate .

To the other lad. He doesn't let his hands go. He waits and I guess picks his shots. Which is good but sometimes it doesn't work. He looked average tonight did Kelly. Movement was ok, goof combinations but didn't stamp his quality. Maybe I expect too much off him?

His power didn't seem to carry either. That's my worry. If ya doing a Naz then you have to have KO power. Hands down and bang. I don't think he has it.

Slick as they come mind

Agreed, with Ritson walk on and everything about him being NUFC through and through it will never work as much as I know they’d both like it to.

Aye mate .

To the other lad. He doesn't let his hands go. He waits and I guess picks his shots. Which is good but sometimes it doesn't work. He looked average tonight did Kelly. Movement was ok, goof combinations but didn't stamp his quality. Maybe I expect too much off him?

His power didn't seem to carry either. That's my worry. If ya doing a Naz then you have to have KO power. Hands down and bang. I don't think he has it.

Slick as they come mind

He looked anything but average on TV, he played around with a bloke who had more knockouts than he had fights and the result was never in doubt. This was a Commonwealth title fight in just his 7th fight, its nuts. He will overwhelm fighters with solid punches from all angles and as I said earlier the problem with Naz was his power was his get out of jail free card, it made him lazy and stopped him worrying about any kind of defence.

He looked anything but average on TV, he played around with a bloke who had more knockouts than he had fights and the result was never in doubt. This was a Commonwealth title fight in just his 7th fight, its nuts. He will overwhelm fighters with solid punches from all angles and as I said earlier the problem with Naz was his power was his get out of jail free card, it made him lazy and stopped him worrying about any kind of defence.

Fair point. Not sure if I am being harsh. Close up though it didn't seem he had the power. Accurate, quick and slick. But KO was no there IMO. When he steps it up. Hands down. Needs to have it

Prime example, Ritson wants a big fight at SJP......Kelly on the same card and probably headlining it......People wont be able to help themselves.
Yep shoe in other foot as been mentioned here Kelly fighting for a world title at SOL and Ritson on the same card would he be allowed to come out to that walk on in them shorts? Can’t see it

Fair point. Not sure if I am being harsh. Close up though it didn't seem he had the power. Accurate, quick and slick. But KO was no there IMO. When he steps it up. Hands down. Needs to have it
It’s working your opponent into the floor aswell which he done tonight, not all fighters have that knockout punch behind them but body work and working behind your jab works your opponent into the ground which he does great. Also has a chin which showed tonight. I do understand though the defence and himself taking shots like he did tonight for say 7 rounds would his chin hold up under his defence skills at a higher level.

Last edited:
I genuinely think Ritson will get KO to fuck if he fights anyone remotely at world level. Literally no defence.

What he does have his very heavy hands, and a good chin, and even if he doesn't iron out his flaws he'll go far with those two attributes alone.

He does have a decent defence, watch him against Scotty Cardle, decent fighter, nice and tight defence.

He just knows that he can take a good shot and when he gets in there he'll clean the other lad out, so is prepared to take a couple to get where he wants to be.

Looks a really good prospect to me, outstanding finisher who can really bang. Too good for British fighters at his weight, they'd need a bat to beat him.

Got to love Foot, very limited but loved the fact he is not just from Sunderland he is from Marley Potts Sunderland. Proper brawler and always value for money.
I agree mate. Sad thing is
Gavin who’s is Glenn’s brother was loads more classy as an amateur, won the ABA’s won the golden gloves championship, boxed for England before glen and was offered the same pro contract by maloney but sadly doesn’t have the commitment.

I was at the boxing last night, it would have been a canny show apart the Ritson walk on shite. Pissed me right off and set the gravy boats mags off with the draft toon toon shite. The atmosphere was ok before ritson but changed after, the good thing was some of them pissed off before josh came on. I'll not be sitting through that shite again...

I was at the boxing last night, it would have been a canny show apart the Ritson walk on shite. Pissed me right off and set the gravy boats mags off with the draft toon toon shite. The atmosphere was ok before ritson but changed after, the good thing was some of them pissed off before josh came on. I'll not be sitting through that shite again...
It was Kelly's style that changed the atmosphere according to the commentators. Was it fuck, basically the majority were there to see a nufc fan fight in Newcastle. Hate the cringey football shit at the boxing

Back