Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never suggested that but 83% quoted here is a good effort given the shortage of laptops available. I'd be questioning the local authority to be honest when the delivery rate is over 80% country wide according to the above post.

I'd say 83% is a bloody good effort to be honest

I've looked online and I can't find anywhere that says it's had no laptops. The link I posted re: Derby were complaining about time not numbers.

York say they've only had about 500 of 700 which is a bit shy of 83% but certainly not none. Harringay is a similar story but nothing found of no laptops at all.

I know for a fact they haven’t been received by any of the kids I’m working with or my colleagues are working with.
it’s not the schools or councils they didn’t promise them. The government did. In April!!
Its now 9th July so yes I will criticise them for not delivering on yet another promise.

I’ve just checked and 89% of laptops have been delivered to where they were wanted. You must just be unlucky.

They haven’t delivered on 100% but 89% is a cracking effort.

Like I say, look closer to home for the faults - the Government have done very well here. If they’re sat in a stock room, you can’t blame Boris for that.

I’ve just checked and 89% of laptops have been delivered to where they were wanted. You must just be unlucky.

They haven’t delivered on 100% but 89% is a cracking effort.

Like I say, look closer to home for the faults - the Government have done very well here. If they’re sat in a stock room, you can’t blame Boris for that.

89% is very good and I say that from experience a few month ago before lockdown when we struggled to get stock.

I've looked online and I can't find anywhere that says it's had no laptops. The link I posted re: Derby were complaining about time not numbers.

York say they've only had about 500 of 700 which is a bit shy of 83% but certainly not none. Harringay is a similar story but nothing found of no laptops at all.

Maybe stock is getting better now, I noticed the article about Newcastle Council is from June. Lead up to universities closing down mid-end of March, was ridiculous for stock. Hopefully everyone gets sorted soon enough

Watching both the local and national news last night and they were talking about school children having to get laptops from charities or as gifts from other families.

I thought the government said months ago that they were going to provide these?
At my daughters school, they started online lessons about 3 weeks ago and we had an email for anyone who needed to borrow a laptop, and that they had plenty to lend.

Have you seen the criteria for who the scheme is for? It isn’t for every primary school pupil so the vast majority aren’t eligible.

I'd have thought a lot of schools are eligible in the north east and aren't getting them.
Or maybe Look North were wrong?

Maybe just maybe the local councils you mention above haven't done their jobs properly. 83% is a decent return given the shortages of laptops with suppliers.
Sorry, but the orders were all put in within 24 hours of the scheme opening , councils and schools have been chasing these orders up on a daily basis. You may well have a point about demand outstripping supply, but there is no trite in schools and Local Authorities not completing the applications.
Is pupils, not schools, isn’t it?
But they have to get to the pupils via the school, often the school needs to add some software before they are delivered to the pupils so that they can access the full range of support from the school.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back