Lap of Honour

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember at the end of every season conversations with me dad, about staying. He used to say I know you’ll want to pet :)
As it stands We might not go up automatically or even via the play offs. But, for me this season I, feel better about my club than in ages. I clapped so many couldn’t give a shit buggers off.
So yes I’ll give a team who have given effort and commitment anyday

Good words and good memories to hold.

They've given their all. They might fall slightly short but it's not due to a lack of effort. Having said that I might need to get to the drinks in at the Black Cats Bar :)

Seriously, I'll give them a good hand win, lose or draw.
I won’t

I will be long gone if they don’t win

Totally unsatisfactory

Give your head a shake!! Spent more on two forwards than half the league spent in total, this will be the worst finish in our history!

Is this the most SMB-ish of phrases? I really do hugely dislike it. No one would say that in real life. Because you'd look a right pranny.

Give your head a shake? You mean, shake your head (which is stupid anyway, telling someone to shake their head – it's normally an involuntary response). Logically, following that convention, you'd also say:
  • Give your back a pat
  • Give your head a nod
  • Give your nose a pick
Daft.

PS I don't agree with the sentiment of your comment, either, while I'm at it. Chiefly because it's ridiculously over simplistic.

I’ll be in the victory club by the 83rd minute they could do a 1000 laps for me, useless bastads
Not so super then! You should just go to the victory club instead of the game, you won't be missed!

Why..... won Fcuk all
It's not all about winning, it's about giving your all for the club and it's supporters. We've seen more of that this season than the last 3 or 4 years combined.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back