"Lamine's been different class"

Status
Not open for further replies.
We must have the most forgiving set of fans in the country. Kone will leave I have no doubt and his antics last summer and his application for much of last season shouldn't be forgotten.

Grayson is getting the best from him as his forte seems to be man management - a trait Moyes never showed at all in his time here. I also think much of Kone's motivation will be to ensure he comes to the notice of premier league clubs still looking for a centre half as the window is about to close.

As long as we get decent money for him and Grayson/Bain have already got his replacement lined up, I won't shed any tears over his departure.

His worst period came with Moyes in charge. Looked uninterested and wanted away. Look at the rest of the team also during that spell, it's like they all didn't want to play or even be here. There is one thing linking all of this..

Now we have a bloke in charge who can manage players and at least has a bit of a game plan and positivity and look how EVERY player is busting a gut and trying to win games (even the more shit ones).

Kone seemed to bare the brunt of all the shit because his lack of effort cost us more goals whilst others got away with murder further up the pitch. They were all as bad as each other and now look like they want to play for our new manager. Even the Man Utd players didn't want to play for Moyes and done all they could to get the prick out.

I hope he stays cos he is a good defender when played right and his head in the right place.

Kone is a wanker and will leave because he wants to. He has spent two thirds of his Sunderland career not giving a shiny shite.

I have no doubt whatever the circumstances at our club we have players that will try their best irrespective of their ability. Using ex managers as an excuse for a player not giving two fucks is bang out of order. Blame Moyes for signings, blame him for tactical errors, blame him for his overly negative mindset but don't use him as an excuse for Kone.

Reactions: Sid
His reputation as a complete bellend will not have gone unnoticed by any potential interested partys.. Cant see him getting a move to any premier league clubs..

Perhaps. I don't think that stops too many managers thinking they can be the one to change someone. Never any shortage of takers for wrong uns like Barton, was there?

a wodge of cash for Ellis and 60K of wages freed up ( of which Si will get maybe 20K to play with )

He does look good at the moment but either we go all in with him or if he goes we'll get maybe two of Super Si's " under the counter " unknowns ?

He's playing for a move.

If he doesn't get one watch his performances turn to shite in September
Agreed. And then watch his performances pick up again in December just in time for the January window opening. Funny that.

Except I'm not laughing.

:confused:

It's been on here and it was glowing. Made him sound like the absolute perfect partner for Browning.

What I know/remember of him is he's physically limited for a defender (not the strongest, tallest, quickest) but he partly compensates for that as he reads the game well, is positionally decent and is a leader and organiser. Who knows what he'll be like after the best part of a year not playing though.

You just described John O'Shea.

According to our skipper. Says he can't fault his effort, application and attitude.

We aren't going to get better, are we? Sort of hoping no deal happens and he stays....the worst deal of all would be a late loan deal and I don't really trust the club not to do that.
So he should marra. That's what he's getting paid a fortune for.

We must have the most forgiving set of fans in the country. Kone will leave I have no doubt and his antics last summer and his application for much of last season shouldn't be forgotten.

Grayson is getting the best from him as his forte seems to be man management - a trait Moyes never showed at all in his time here. I also think much of Kone's motivation will be to ensure he comes to the notice of premier league clubs still looking for a centre half as the window is about to close.

As long as we get decent money for him and Grayson/Bain have already got his replacement lined up, I won't shed any tears over his departure.
This.

He's definitely going. We will wait until deadline day (unless someone stumps up big cash now) and hope for an auction. Doubt we'll replace unless something lands on our lap, likely to go with O'Shea or Djilobodji with McNair due back.

With all due respect we're not waiting for an auction, we haven't got that sort of balls about us. We'll be waiting till someone makes a respectable bid and then he'll go. The fact he's still here suggests they haven't and they know there's a risk with him, so will push their luck on a deal.

Isn't this what I said last week :lol::lol:
And khazri isn't that's why he's not getting a game.
Or Honeyman is a better player? or playing better? TBF when hes on form hes outstanding, but when hes dogshit hes as dogshit as it gets.. And hes been dogshit a lot.. Dosent deserve a starting place.. Regardless of any shenanigans in the dressing room..

Does anyone seriously expect a player, who can secure a PL move, to stay with us for a season of rebuilding?! Football careers are short and the opportunity of signing a 3 or 4 year PL deal is something no serious player would turn down. We haven't sold our supposed remaining crown jewels as yet because these players aren't world beaters. Once the transfer deadline approaches, PL clubs drop down the leagues with their ambitions and that is when a few might punt on our players. We will sell for sure as the Board have made it clear there isn't the funds or ambition to invest to go back up again and even if we do sell a few players we will still have enough quality to stay in this league.

With all due respect we're not waiting for an auction, we haven't got that sort of balls about us. We'll be waiting till someone makes a respectable bid and then he'll go. The fact he's still here suggests they haven't and they know there's a risk with him, so will push their luck on a deal.

Don't agree.

One good thing about Bain is that he has managed to get us alot of money in, comparative to recent seasons, £5M for Coates, £12M for van aanholt, £30M for Pickford and even £2M for Mannone is all very good business.

There's alot of smoke to suggest West Ham are willing to pay £6-8M for Kone right now and we're looking for alot more than that, the perfect play for us is if we can somehow get Everton, Southampton etc etc all interested and manage to pull in £15M+ for him. To get £15M for Kone would not be the wildest piece of business in this window by any means.

Personally I'd perfer us to keep Kone and make a right go for promotion, I doubt Kone would be up for that though.

Be interesting to see how Kone behaves as the closure of the windows approaches, he'll be f***ing gutted if he stays, so fully expect him to start acting up in the final days of this month.

Fair point marra.. But Kone isnt an outstanding defender.. Hes looking very good at this level but its a poor league tbh..

Agreed. I think what a bad attitude means is that you probably can't get quite as much money for a player. There'll still be buyers, but they'll want to do a deal on the cheap.

Don't agree.

One good thing about Bain is that he has managed to get us alot of money in, comparative to recent seasons, £5M for Coates, £12M for van aanholt, £30M for Pickford and even £2M for Mannone is all very good business.

There's alot of smoke to suggest West Ham are willing to pay £6-8M for Kone right now and we're looking for alot more than that, the perfect play for us is if we can somehow get Everton, Southampton etc etc all interested and manage to pull in £15M+ for him. To get £15M for Kone would not be the wildest piece of business in this window by any means.

Personally I'd perfer us to keep Kone and make a right go for promotion, I doubt Kone would be up for that though.

Hold on though, we only got something like £9m starting fee for Van aarnholt when Jeffrey Schlupp with similar attributes attacking and defensively and less goals from left back cost a straight £12m apparently.

Man City paid £40m for Moraes who hasn't played much more than Pickford and not at as higher a level league wise.

Mannone is good business as was Coates. I don't see anything out of the ordinary there just a couple of big transfers which were probably the going rate, similar to how we got big fees when Bent and Henderson went as they were in demand. There's a few paper headlines about Kone, but I couldn't see the club turning down £10m if it was offered.

Hold on though, we only got something like £9m starting fee for Van aarnholt when Jeffrey Schlupp with similar attributes attacking and defensively and less goals from left back cost a straight £12m apparently.

Man City paid £40m for Moraes who hasn't played much more than Pickford and not at as higher a level league wise.

Mannone is good business as was Coates. I don't see anything out of the ordinary there just a couple of big transfers which were probably the going rate, similar to how we got big fees when Bent and Henderson went as they were in demand. There's a few paper headlines about Kone, but I couldn't see the club turning down £10m if it was offered.

Van Aanholt bought for £1.5M from Chelsea reserves, by most accounts he is still one of the poorest LB's in the PL defensively and was constantly at fault for goals conceded, started scoring a few and people let it slide. £12M (£14M some sources) or £9M is still incredible business.

Are you also saying £30M for Pickford was not brilliant business? By most accounts a talented young u21 keeper who was just relegated whilst shipping in alot of goals, £30M is beyond what I could have imagined.

Re: Kone. Enough press to suggest West ham have have already been in contact this summer about him, we're likely looking for a massive fee (rightfully so) and will probably settle for less but are probably prepared to wait until the last minute. As previously stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back