Lakes or Yorkshire Dales?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

Of course, but we know Weardale inside out and backwards. Lake District nearly ditto but not been for about 15 years. Yorkshire Dales 20 years. Having said that, it looks like Teesdale for us - not sure if that's Durham or Yorkshire

It was Yorkshire until around the 1930’s or 40’s when it was moved to Durham, however, many a local will tell you they’re still Yorkshiremen.

Not that that little snippet will have any bearing on your holiday :D

Lakes around Borrowdale/ Keswick.

I was there last week , walked from Keswick to Ashness bridge , up to surprise view then dropped down to the farm near the Lodore Hotel for a bite to eat to find in has been SHUT , ffs been going there for decades.

Walked around the Lake , past Lingholm gardens , Nichol end through Portinscale and back into Keswick

Nee idea of how many miles but I walked nearly 30,000 steps in total.

Perfect day for walking , just the right temperature and a little bit of wind so it wasn’t too hot.

I was there last week , walked from Keswick to Ashness bridge , up to surprise view then dropped down to the farm near the Lodore Hotel for a bite to eat to find in has been SHUT , ffs been going there for decades.

Walked around the Lake , past Lingholm gardens , Nichol end through Portinscale and back into Keswick

Nee idea of how many miles but I walked nearly 30,000 steps in total.

Perfect day for walking , just the right temperature and a little bit of wind so it wasn’t too hot.
That’s a beautiful walk.

Ashness bridge > Watendlath > Rosthwaite > Castle Crag > Grange > Lodore Falls > Ashness bridge , is a favourite of mine.

Unfortunately the climb from Lodore back up to Ashness bridge isn’t a favourite of the dragon, been threatened with divorce over the years on the climb back up.
I love Borrowdale. One of my favourite places on earth. Not been for years :cry:

Back