Lakes or Yorkshire Dales?

• Thread starter Deleted member 5265
  • Start date

Lakes is the most spectacular for sure. Can also get hideously busy. I was in Keswick a couple of weeks ago and it was full of people who couldn't goto ibiza this year. Strutting down Crow Park Road in their gym shark gear.

Dales can get busy too of course but not as bad and way more places to escape to. I've my caravan near Leyburn and love it. But the Lakes will always be number one for me.

Depends on the time of year or the time of the week.

The Lakes is far superior for both scenery and walks in my opinion, but when its busy it gets rammed beyond a joke.

So I’d say if you going mid-week the Lakes, if your staying a weekend the Dales. If your going for one week then I’d go Lakes and on the Sat and Sun your there drive out to some sights nearby. Try and avoid either in the Summer Hols.

I'm heading to the lakes in 3 weeks. Wednesday to Saturday, gonna take the mountain bike to Whinlater on the Wednesday and Thursday then (weather permitting) Friday chuck my tent in my rucksack and head up past Catbells, Maiden Moor, High Spy and up to around Dale Head/Dale Head Tarn for a little wild camp. I canny wait

Going for a week in the South Lakes with parents in late July and then in late August going for a week in North Yorkshire with my lass.

Weird thing is my lass needs to go into work to book time off so it is harder for her to book time off than it is for me. But it is easier for her to get that time off than it is for me. I have WalMartOne so I can book online from my bed on my iPhone if I wanted. But it needs to get approval. It won't just happen in a second.

They even sell the Lancashire Post as the local paper in the Southern Lakes...father in law lives in Kendal.

Never seen Butter Pies there though.

I'd sooner go to the Dales.. @DR CHEESE wouldn't live anywhere else

They even sell the Lancashire Post as the local paper in the Southern Lakes...father in law lives in Kendal.

Never seen Butter Pies there though.

I'd sooner go to the Dales.. @DR CHEESE wouldn't live anywhere else
This is very true, although me and jules will be in the lakes for a week for my birthday in September 😊 🍻 🚶

Back