Kubix Festival

Sounds like a great day
Good work by organiser to boost sales with ticket deals
Works out better for everyone
Had a belter gig myself in Whitley bay
Music's mint man
I would have been there to but I was at former New York Dolls/current Michael Monroe guitarist, Steve Conte`s show in South Shields. He`s played in the past with Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and Etta James and you could see why he`s played with such legends. It`s a pity it clashed as every act on at Kubix on Saturday was well worth seeing.

Family in front of us talked to each the whole time. Some didnt even face the stage. Gan to the park and chat ffs. And lay off the ice cream when ya get there. At least one of them broke a camping chair due to largeness of arse. Great day had by all
Enjoyed all bands for different reasons
I can never understand why people go to gigs and do anything but watch the band. Does my head in.

I can never understand why people go to gigs and do anything but watch the band. Does my head in.
You could see when we got there about 12pm there were plenty of families set up for a day out rather than to see the bands. Quite amusing seeing the ambitious ones with their deck chairs about 20 yards from the front. There was a big difference in crowd size from the Blockheads to the Undertones, so I think they’ll have been shifted quite early on.

Should use the park for more music events , it’s ideal
It is but transport can be a problem. Buses are few late at night unless you get the P+R.

Few were trying to book taxis but it was far too late by then.

Great atmosphere, weather was good for me and bands were excellent. £16!! Incredible.

It is but transport can be a problem. Buses are few late at night unless you get the P+R.

Few were trying to book taxis but it was far too late by then.

Great atmosphere, weather was good for me and bands were excellent. £16!! Incredible.
We waited half an hour post gig for a bus!

Had they sorted the bogs out this time? Seem to remember that was the main complaint about the 80s festival but not seen anyone moaning about yesterday's?

Otherwise it sounds like they got most things right and I'm looking forward to some good stories tomorrow from all the posties who were running around on Saturday morning to try to get there for the Blockheads.

Had a belter gig myself in Whitley bay
Music's mint man

^^^^This^^^^

I was at an excellent Jumpin' Hot Club all-dayer yesterday and about to get me gear sorted out for Green Man later in the week. Nowt better.

Last edited:
Was a great day all round. Every band was a winner. Was funny watching some of the blank faces around us though. Me and Sneech seemed to be the only people singing along to the Buzzcocks and anything from Ant pre-Kings.

Back