Kubix Festival

Think Peter Hook were the standout.

Was canny pissed by the time the Boomtown Rats cane on but I think I had a thoroughly good time to them & Adam & the Ants.

Blockheads - great
Undertones - Canny, singer’s a bit too vamp for my liking
Buzzcocks - same old. Possibly my favourite band on the lineup but I always get a bit bored live
Peter Hook - Class
FLC - Not my thing but a canny set
Boomtown Rats - Getting canny pissed now & I think I might have shouted a nasty thing to Bob, which was silly because it was a good set
Adam Ant - Pretty sure I had a nice time. Wasn’t it such a nice time.

Was canny pissed by the time the Boomtown Rats cane on but I think I had a thoroughly good time to them & Adam & the Ants.

Blockheads - great
Buzzcocks - same old. Possibly my favourite band on the lineup but I always get a bit bored live
Peter Hook - Class
Boomtown Rats - Getting canny pissed now & I think I might have shouted a nasty thing to Bob, which was silly because it was a good set
It was class, hopefully it’ll become an annual event.
Mind my guts in a terrible state this morning after a full day on the Maxim ales :cry:

It was class, hopefully it’ll become an annual event.
Mind my guts in a terrible state this morning after a full day on the Maxim ales :cry:
Can’t see it. Whilst we had a good time, the fact they were desperate to get bodies through the door & putting tickets at half price indicates there was nowhere near enough money in it.

Blockheads - great
Peter Hook - Class

When did Peter Shelley turn into Johnny Vegas

Family in front of us talked to each the whole time. Some didnt even face the stage. Gan to the park and chat ffs. And lay off the ice cream when ya get there. At least one of them broke a camping chair due to largeness of arse. Great day had by all
Enjoyed all bands for different reasons

It’s a shame. I got my tickets at half bat but definitely would’ve paid the full price.
The North east in general has become a hard sell for promoters and bands
These retro things a stand a chance because we seem to be a bit of a Good old days area ( generalisation ) but it's still a gamble

Family in front of us talked to each the whole time. Some didnt even face the stage. Gan to the park and chat ffs. And lay off the ice cream when ya get there. At least one of them broke a camping chair due to largeness of arse. Great day had by all
Enjoyed all bands for different reasons
Aye seemed to be a Facebook check in for quite a few
With lots of Where are you ? Comments

Missed The Blockheads and The Undertones, had to sit nearer the path as there was a decent amount in by then. As others have mentioned, amazed at how many groups/families there not really taking much notice of the bands - just there for a piss up. Enjoyed Hooky the most but Rats were decent too. Didn't stay for Adam Ant as I'd heard he was shite these days + we were freezing! Loads of people just sitting outside and tbf the sound was better than where we were pitched. Great place to have gigs on mind - surely they could have some more recent bands and sell it out?

Back