Kristjaan Speakman

New Technical Director according to this

I Hooe I'm wrong buy this doesn't look good. 14 years at Birmingham! Hugely underwhelmed. Hope he proves me wrong if appointed
Has brought some good young talent through at Birmingham as head of youth development, might not be his official title mine. Good appointment
Other than Bellingham who else I'd on this convorbelt of talent that's come out of Birmingham over the last decade?

Last edited:
I Hooe I'm wrong buy this doesn't look good. 14 years at Birmingham! Hugely underwhelmed. Hope he proves me wrong if appointed

Other than Bellingham who else I'd on this convorbelt of talent that's come out of Birmingham over the last decade?

I know what you're saying, but Birmingham are in the league above us.

I know we love our club and its the greatest in the world, but we sometimes have to take a reality check of where we are, new potential owners or not.

"Formally an Academy Coach at Derby County FC, he has been on the coaching staff at Blues since 2006, and was promoted to the key role of Academy manager in January 2011.

He possesses the UEFA Pro Licence, the UEFA ‘A’ Coaching Licence and the FA Advanced Youth Award, as well as a Business Management degree and the Certificate in Education accumulating in a unique blend of academic and professional qualifications.

Responsible for the strategic direction of the Academy and the coaching delivery, Speakman leads an Academy Management Team on the operation of the Youth Department.

During his time at Birmingham City FC he has overseen the recruitment and development of no less than 18 Academy graduates, who have gone on to play for the Club's First Team."

Never heard of him but Birmingham aren't exactly pulling up trees.
According to the article he was going to become their technical director in the summer but they pulled the plug.

He’s been head of their academy for 14 years so will have overseen the likes of Jude Bellingham, Demerai Gray, Nathan Redmond, Jack Butland and Jordan Mutch.

Back