Krakow

Currently looking at booking a stag do for roughly 15 people to Krakow for next April.

Just a quick question to see if anyone has been before and do you have any recommendations for accommodation and things to do?!

Cheers!
I’ve been numerous times and had my stag there last year. I can’t rate it highly enough. It’s a fantastic city plus the beer is cheap.
Get yourself down the Jewish quarter for the best bars. The bra around the main square are nice but typical tourist traps
The best area in Krakow is Kazimierz, the old Jewish quarter on the other side of the river from the old town. Packed full of dimly lit small cafes, bars and restaurants
My favourite area of Krakow. Probably my favourite city break. I’ve been four times and looking to visit the Christmas market this year in December

Last edited:

My favourite area of Krakow. Probably my favourite city break. I’ve been four times and looking to visit the Christmas market this year in December
We go in January to avoid the Christmas market but still get the feel with all the lights and trees up.

And I agree Kazimierz is the best bit of Krakow. Last visit crawled out of Alchemia at 4am from the basement DJ bit :)

If anyone wants a decent place to stay in Krakow, we stayed at the Vinfort apartments near the big cathedral and really central. Rooms were spot on and in a great spot.

Heading over with the wife from 1st - 5th November. Arriving late on 1st November. I'm planning on booking auschwitz tour before I go over.

How much money would you recommend taking?

Went to a stag do there about 2 year ago was quality we had some kind of package with airport pick up and did go carting generally hit the pubs … and got lashed just stay out of the Yorkshire rippers they will con ya 🤣

Heading over with the wife from 1st - 5th November. Arriving late on 1st November. I'm planning on booking auschwitz tour before I go over.

Just put a bit of money on to a card like Starling and top it up as and when, everywhere takes card over there mate.

We spent about £350 in 4 days last autumn and booked Auschwitz before we went. That was eating out and drinking plenty every day as well.

Just stay away from the main square and it will be relatively cheap. So much more than the Bull, Sioux and Moo Moo

We spent about £350 in 4 days last autumn and booked Auschwitz before we went. That was eating out and drinking plenty every day as well.

Just stay away from the main square and it will be relatively cheap. So much more than the Bull, Sioux and Moo Moo
What hotel did you stay in?

Just booked flights up with Ryanair for Wrocław next Monday from NCL for £64 return for me n mrs with only cabin bags n not choosing our seats.
Any info/tips welcome 👌🏼
Why You Need To Visit Wroclaw - The Ultimate Guide To Wroclaw

Need to update, there's some class places under the railway arches, great quirky bars.

Also, opposite the big church on the corner of the square is a cracking old fashioned place with the cheapest drink around! Prewar it's called.

Pub Latarniami and Paka Pub are good too.

Last edited:

Need to update, there's some class places under the railway arches, great quirky bars.

Also, opposite the big church on the corner of the square is a cracking old fashioned place with the cheapest drink around! Prewar it's called.

Cheers for that 👌🏼
Uber from the airport 8-9 quid

Tequilarnia, Iggy Pizza, The pancake place, Konspira, Pijalnia Wódki i Piwa…

Class place hope you enjoy it!
Cheers for that n not bad for Uber 👌🏼

Last edited:

Second vote for the railway arches here, dead busy on a weekend night.

Cinema Pub near the main square was class too. Sounds very touristy but it isn’t.

Yeah we did Ubers to the Sky Tower and Zoo cheap as chips everywhere.

Cathedral island is lovely, and if you time it right you might spot the lamp lighter. Are you there 4 nights?
Yeah Mon - Fri. Get there about 5:30pm mon n fly back fri at 10am so 3 full days outta the 5.
We used the bus outside the airport when we flew to Gdańsk earlier in the year n was a piece of cake n there’s a bus outside Wrocław for the centre so probs use that to get in the centre n Uber for owt else as mrs has now set up an Uber account.
Will look up sky tower n cathedral island 👌🏼
Try Bolt as well. They are generally cheaper than Uber in Krakow so may be the same in Wroclaw
We seen them in Gdańsk earlier in year n cheers 👌🏼
Second vote for the railway arches here, dead busy on a weekend night.

Cinema Pub near the main square was class too. Sounds very touristy but it isn’t.
Cheers for the info 👌🏼

Last edited:
Yeah Mon - Fri. Get there about 5:30pm mon n fly back fri at 10am so 3 full days outta the 5.
We used the bus outside the airport when we flew to Gdańsk earlier in the year n was a piece of cake n there’s a bus outside Wrocław for the centre so probs use that to get in the centre n Uber for owt else as mrs has now set up an Uber account.
Will look up sky tower n cathedral island 👌🏼

We seen them in Gdańsk earlier in year n cheers 👌🏼

Cheers for the info 👌🏼
I was in Gdańsk earlier in the year and the airport distance is about the same.

Just booked flights up with Ryanair for Wrocław next Monday from NCL for £64 return for me n mrs with only cabin bags n not choosing our seats.
Any info/tips welcome 👌🏼
Prepare for idiots on the flight, flew out last Thursday from Newcastle, group of lads absolutely pissed in departures, one lad could hardly walk. They allowed them on the plane even though lots told the cabin crew that they shouldn't be on board. Fun and games as the plane took off and the lad who was struggling to walk decides to try and go to the toilet, told to sit down numerous times and eventually he had to be put down the front of the plane. Then a woman behind him try to hand him an opened bottle of JD from duty free and she kicked off when then stewardess took it off her. Krakow has been superb mind.

Back