Krakow

Would Wroclaw be decent for a small group (4-6) of sensible blokes to go for the 40ths?

I went with Mrs NCB in February and it was quality. Felt properly ‘local’, bars/ nightclub dead quaint/ good with no edge. Lush double room for £110 per night.

The Ryanair daft bargains seem to have gone now mind… what were £50 returns last year are £120 now based on my search last week.

Was in Krakow two weeks ago, brilliant city but struggling to see where it would be suitable for a stag do and I've been twice and know the main areas. As someone said, ideal for couples or small groups.
Jewish quarter is good, some great restaurants.

Definitely.
There a great area by the main railway station (c. 25 bars/cafes under the railway arches) which is very lively.
A couple of beautiful old market squares with good places to eat.
If you're into architecture, for a rest from the booze, there is the Cathedral area with some superb old buildings. Go up the Cathedral Tower to get a brilliant view of the City.
Thought Wroclaw was more impressive than Krakow, Poznan & Lodz...
A most underrated city, it's only a matter of time before people click on to it and it's cheap as chips.

The bars with stag doos just seemed to be one small location , about 4 or 5 bars next to each other, just off one of the corners of the main square .
Gone are days of it being full of stag doos IMO anyway , more of place for couples or small groups.
Great city mind 👍

For groups of lads old town Düsseldorf takes some beating

The best area in Krakow is Kazimierz, the old Jewish quarter on the other side of the river from the old town. Packed full of dimly lit small cafes, bars and restaurants

Was in Krakow two weeks ago, brilliant city but struggling to see where it would be suitable for a stag do and I've been twice and know the main areas. As someone said, ideal for couples or small groups.
Jewish quarter is good, some great restaurants.

I can remember a few crappy Irish bars around the main square but otherwise it's mostly small bars.

Definitely.
There a great area by the main railway station (c. 25 bars/cafes under the railway arches) which is very lively.
A couple of beautiful old market squares with good places to eat.
If you're into architecture, for a rest from the booze, there is the Cathedral area with some superb old buildings. Go up the Cathedral Tower to get a brilliant view of the City.
Thought Wroclaw was more impressive than Krakow, Poznan & Lodz...
Lodz is class but really just one long street of bars - pretty much like Ostrava in cz although the regeneration work in Lodz is very good

Back