Knocking about in Seaburn/Roker in the 80's

What was the name of the Baloo,whose wife was the Akela for the Brownies? They had a daughter too.

I can't remember which day was which now,but I think Begg was Wednesdays and I went to the other one.

Oh there was that bloke with the moustache, his daughter was in my year at Fulwell. Richardson maybe? I feel like I remember some scandal,but it's a long time ago now.
Think the blokes name was Wardle. Had 2 sons that were in the cubs with me. Was a lovely guy. Had a terrible stutter.

we didn't- we got all the machines that were going out of fashion- gave us more time to win our fortunes on the bandits, or getting off with the birds from Johnnies looking for real men, in the field behind the fair !

Duncan and Andrew? I knew them,their dad went to the church too,I don't remember him being involved with the Cubs but he might have been.
Yeah Duncan and Andrew, nice lads. He was heavily involved when I was there. I was born in 77 like so might be after you. Lovely man.

Yeah Duncan and Andrew, nice lads. He was heavily involved when I was there. I was born in 77 like so might be after you. Lovely man.
That's funny,they were from around the corner from me,I knew them as kids but wasn't really friends with them. Duncan will have been your age,I was born in 1978 and he was the school year above me. We went to the same schools to. They were definitely a nice family,I think my mam still speaks to them from time to time.

Maybe it was the other pack or whatever they were called to the one I went to. Begg wasn't involved with mine either.

nee idea about the nonces as we weer southern side , no nonces our side :lol:

use to love sunny sunday afternoons goin over seaburn mind , just sittin on the grass opposite where santinos and the salt house is now , all the smart lasses would turn out and the boy racers , gangs turning out from different estates, be like west side story :D
@tunstall birdman always think of your Saab mate and Bews home made car the beast

nee idea about the nonces as we weer southern side , no nonces our side :lol:

use to love sunny sunday afternoons goin over seaburn mind , just sittin on the grass opposite where santinos and the salt house is now , all the smart lasses would turn out and the boy racers , gangs turning out from different estates, be like west side story :D

Used to get heaving on a Sunday iirc. Hazy days. Also the in crowd (us) used to commandeer the top er watchtower bit of the Puffin Billy.

Seldons was the HQ for the hard lads . mind you we did come down to your place when you got Gorf in, and you had the better driving games. Seldons was better for fruit machines.
Apart from Zelda who turfed you out if you started winning, old twat....

Also can you remember that death trap motorbike thing that used to be in the back??

Also can you remember that death trap motorbike thing that used to be in the back??

zelda ?? Was that old Ma Seldon ?? I knew Kelly , Lyndsey and Grant and of course Sammy. Saw Sammy knock out a works ticket with one punch. Was the motorbike thing the speedway that had sting of the dump lookalike working on it ?

zelda ?? Was that old Ma Seldon ?? I knew Kelly , Lyndsey and Grant and of course Sammy. Saw Sammy knock out a works ticket with one punch. Was the motorbike thing the speedway that had sting of the dump lookalike working on it ?
aye old ma seldon. iirc the motorbike thing was like a proper dirt bike on rollers in a cage, it was right in the corner next to the pinballs. I remember going on when I was about 7 or 8 and was shitting myself. I cant remember anyone working on it, they probably didn't want any witnesses if someone got tangled up in the mechanism :lol:

Back