Knocking about in Seaburn/Roker in the 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.

I sold it to a dodge pot around the corner for fuck all. He sprayed it and hoyed the skyways and other bits and pieces on from a burner and it looked f***ing chos, it probably halved the weight anarl.

He said the donor parts came from a snapped framed bike but i have my suspicions. Knowing that twat the burner was probably nicked and id stamped with a postcode so he binned the frame and tarted mine up to make a quick buck. I dread to think what I sold it for, probably a fiver or something :lol:

It was nee kuwahara ET :lol:
I think you are younger than me. I’m 50 next week. I knocked around with 2 lads from seaburn gardens. We knew everyone though. Seldons more than johnnies depending where we were banned from at the time. Scotty was the bad lad around at the time. Any bike that wasn’t one of ours was gone in minutes.

The Suddick nonce was a bit more to the point
Looked like a hunger strike Bryan Ferry
Just picked his moment and tugged in front of you
Talking mid70s

There used to be a bloke taking photos at redby gates in late 70s early 80s. We thought it was wrong at the time but no mention of the flatties back then.
I don’t remember anyone down the front taking pics but we were more Roker park and Conky

I think you are younger than me. I’m 50 next week. I knocked around with 2 lads from seaburn gardens. We knew everyone though. Seldons more than johnnies depending where we were banned from at the time. Scotty was the bad lad around at the time. Any bike that wasn’t one of ours was gone in minutes.
If you went to monkey house you were in my sisters year. She was in boldon (bp)

Arrowsmith???
aye, used to live at the bottom of one of the streets opposite jet amusements iirc, younger than me like

Do you know of any other kids round seaburn called conrad?? ;)
:lol:

It wasn’t scotty was it ?
The dodge pot, nah. it was one of our boys mates who was a bit of a del boy. He wouldn't have nicked them he just used to deal with dodgy stuff.

Aye you’re right. I loved it but it was some weight mind, nee good for bunny hops.
I got it second hand for Christmas. The parents had already bought my big present, a portable telly for my Atari or something before I started harping on for a bmx. In the days before credit ruled I thought I had nee chance of both so I was f***ing cock-a-hoop I got both. Aye it was a bit shit but it did the job and I loved it and them for getting me both.

Last edited:
They can't have been nonces. Wasn't any around back then. It was safe to walk the streets.
My lads are now old enough to go down the park themselves, walk to school etc. My mam ain't happy about it, says there's too many nonces about. I reminded her she couldn't wait to get me out of the house at their age and younger, but there were no nonces around in the 80s she said :lol:

I thought it was, he was my next door neighbour and it was him I used to knock around with when we used to get our photos taken off this bloke. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was somewhere around there when that photo was taken.

I thought it was, he was my next door neighbour and it was him I used to knock around with when we used to get our photos taken off this bloke. I wouldn’t be surprised if I was somewhere around there when that photo was taken.
He lives in America now, he comes over every 6 months or so.

His dad had the Ferrari.

He lives in America now, he comes over every 6 months or so.

His dad had the Ferrari.
Yeah, I'm still in touch with him on FB.

His dad built an Alpha Romeo car when we were kids.

I got it second hand for Christmas. The parents had already bought my big present, a portable telly for my Atari or something before I started harping on for a bmx. In the days before credit ruled I thought I had nee chance of both so I was f***ing cock-a-hoop I got both. Aye it was a bit shit but it did the job and I loved it and them for getting me both.
What year was that photo taken? If it was the same bloke who took mine (and I'm sure it must have been) he wrote the dates they were taken on the back.

If that was when Conrad still lived opposite Jet it would have been before he moved next to me, which I think was about 1983.

And BTW, you are lucky you got a BMX first time of asking. My old man actually bought me a grifter in the January sales to keep for christmas, but by the time christmas came round I wanted a BMX but was stuck with a f***ing grifter for what seemed like an eternity. I think it was the summer when I actually got one, which wasn't that long in reality.

Last edited:
nee idea about the nonces as we weer southern side , no nonces our side :lol:

use to love sunny sunday afternoons goin over seaburn mind , just sittin on the grass opposite where santinos and the salt house is now , all the smart lasses would turn out and the boy racers , gangs turning out from different estates, be like west side story :D

There used to be a bloke taking photos at redby gates in late 70s early 80s. We thought it was wrong at the time but no mention of the flatties back then.
I don’t remember anyone down the front taking pics but we were more Roker park and Conky
Ahhhhh the conky, the memories come flooding back.

nee idea about the nonces as we weer southern side , no nonces our side :lol:

use to love sunny sunday afternoons goin over seaburn mind , just sittin on the grass opposite where santinos and the salt house is now , all the smart lasses would turn out and the boy racers , gangs turning out from different estates, be like west side story :D
Aye just the odd masturbator in Backhouse park. Harmless fun really.

Yeah, I'm still in touch with him on FB.

His dad built an Alpha Romeo car when we were kids.

What year was that photo taken? If it was the same bloke who took mine (and I'm sure it must have been) he wrote the dates they were taken on the back.

If that was when Conrad still lived opposite Jet it would have been before he moved next to me, which I think was about 1983.

And BTW, you are lucky you got a BMX first time of asking. My old man actually bought me a grifter in the January sales to keep for christmas, but by the time christmas came round I wanted a BMX but was stuck with a f***ing grifter for what seemed like an eternity. I think it was the summer when I actually got one, which wasn't that long in reality.
29/12/1982 by my Facebook post. The original is somewhere in the loft. Bizzarely it was the day our boy passed his driving test so while I was out, f***ing about on my bike looking like an extra from kes, he was doing that shit :lol:

Reactions: WHD
29/12/1982 by my Facebook post. The original is somewhere in the loft. Bizzarely it was the day our boy passed his driving test so while I was out, f***ing about on my bike looking like an extra from kes, he was doing that shit :lol:
If you got that bike at christmas 82 it must have been the same christmas I got my grifter that had been bought in the January sales 12 months before. f***ing gutting when I wanted a BMX :(

Edit: my old man probably thought a grifter was a BMX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back