Knocking about in Seaburn/Roker in the 80's

ozz

Winger
Me and my mates used to spend every waking hour knocking around down the beach in the 80's - Seldon's, Jet, Death Wall, Bellas etc. Was it just us or can anyone else remember 2 old blokes who used to take photos of us kids? We always thought they were probably pervs and would put rocks in our pockets just in case they tried anything on. They never did try anything improper though and would often give us copies of previously taken photos which were always very good.

if they had tried anything we would have probably shit ourselves, tried to run and fallen over because of all the rocks in our pockets, and then..........................................................

Me and my mates used to spend every waking hour knocking around down the beach in the 80's - Seldon's, Jet, Death Wall, Bellas etc. Was it just us or can anyone else remember 2 old blokes who used to take photos of us kids? We always thought they were probably pervs and would put rocks in our pockets just in case they tried anything on. They never did try anything improper though and would often give us copies of previously taken photos which were always very good.
Was one of them called candy?

Someone of that name took photos of me and my mates doing jumps on our BMXes and then gave us the photos after he developed them.

I also remember him filming a BMX race at Seaburn camp in the 6 weeks holidays.

Looking back, it seems a bit pervy taking photos of kids, especially with a name like "candy". Maybe it was all just innocent - I can't remember anything that was dodgy (apart from taking photos) even with hindsight.

Edit: he was always by himself iirc.

Was one of them called candy?

Someone of that name took photos of me and my mates doing jumps on our BMXes and then gave us the photos after he developed them.

I also remember him filming a BMX race at Seaburn camp in the 6 weeks holidays.

Looking back, it seems a bit pervy taking photos of kids, especially with a name like "candy". Maybe it was all just innocent - I can't remember anything that was dodgy (apart from taking photos) even with hindsight.

Edit: he was always by himself iirc.
Can't remember their names but that seems like the type of things they did- in fact i have some photos they took of me on bikes- they never did anything to us to make them seem dodgy- we just assumed that they must be-possibly just innocent camera enthusiasts- or more likely rampant deviants back in the dark room.

Can't remember their names but that seems like the type of things they did- in fact i have some photos they took of me on bikes- they never did anything to us to make them seem dodgy- we just assumed that they must be-possibly just innocent camera enthusiasts- or more likely rampant deviants back in the dark room.
I've still got mine. It's got to be the same person.

:eek:

Were they gentle lovers?

Where you an ugly kid? i got touched up non stop

Toll Bar for me.

Does anyone remember the old bloke that used to sit and watch the kids at the swimming baths on Newcastle Road? Had a thing for boys. Nailed on nonce but none of us knew what a nonce was back then.

Back