Knife crime

Anger, revenge, survival, fear etc they not right but are workable and there is potential for rehabilitation.
Anger - no. There is no place is modern society for murder due to anger.
Revenge - see above. Let the justice system deal with it.
Survival - depending on the context this is perhaps an argument.
Fear - again, depending on the context this is perhaps an argument.

So a couple of points to add...

1. Let's keep it in perspective. The country is obviously NOT full of knife-wielding scrotes. Knife crime (both use and possession) has increased and that is dreadful. It needs to be addressed but so, also, do the root causes.

2. Complaining over a pint to mates in the pub or posting on an internet message board to offload frustrations might make people feel better in the short-term but it isn't going to change anything. People instead need to write to their MP and in huge numbers, particularly as we gradually approach the next election.

1. Let's keep it in perspective. The country is obviously NOT full of knife-wielding scrotes. Knife crime (both use and possession) has increased and that is dreadful. It needs to be addressed but so, also, do the root causes.

2. Complaining over a pint to mates in the pub or posting on an internet message board to offload frustrations might make people feel better in the short-term but it isn't going to change anything. People instead need to write to their MP and in huge numbers, particularly as we gradually approach the next election.
It is like

I think your first point is very valid ) re addressing this )
Now where’s the list of MPs representing every day folk doing something about this?
If we have to write to them to say there’s an issue there’s a huge issue it’s neen coming been coming for years and is blatantly obvious.
So obvious-it seems that no one wants to get a grip of this or even make it a priority -surely protecting life is the most important issue.Im getting on a bit but our kids /grandkids deserve to see leadership ( I kna !? ) -to many ( particularly young ones losing their futures)

Why would someone who sticks a knife in another person, taking their life, deserve rehabilitation?

There may be circumstances where its rightly or wrongly justified. I wouldn't think twice if my family were under attack. That person is unlikely to be a danger to the wider society.

I wouldnt offer any to anyone who did it for no reason.

Why would someone who sticks a knife in another person, taking their life, deserve rehabilitation?
Surely everybody deserves the chance of rehabilitation? Think of a 13 year old boy who has been bullied constantly and starts carrying a knife for safety (which is entirely a wrong thing to do, I am not condoning it!) He then reaches the end of his tether and sticks it into the bully. He's taken away and the CPS, while keeping in touch with the hospital, decide which particular charge to use. If he ends up doing a sentence in a youth offenders institution does he not deserve some sort of rehabilitation work to prepare him for when he is released?

Whether or not it is possible or worth trying in all cases is another matter.
I think your first point is very valid ) re addressing this )
Now where’s the list of MPs representing every day folk doing something about this?
If we have to write to them to say there’s an issue there’s a huge issue it’s neen coming been coming for years and is blatantly obvious.
So obvious-it seems that no one wants to get a grip of this or even make it a priority -surely protecting life is the most important issue.Im getting on a bit but our kids /grandkids deserve to see leadership ( I kna !? ) -to many ( particularly young ones losing their futures)
The current lot have let the majority of the public down on so many things. They gradually cut the number of police officers over 10 years but then recruited a whole load more when this was publicised and it made them look bad. It seems the only way they will respond to change things is a) if it makes them or their cronies profit and/or b) if it will bring decent PR and tie in with an election campaign.

Everybody who is concerned about knife crime should write to their MP. I wrote 3 times. First reply was copy and paste. Second was a more personal reply but still not good enough. Third letter resulted in a 30 minute 1:1 meeting in her office at House of Commons in April followed by a tour. They do listen.... people just need to make the effort to get in touch. They will only do that if they feel strongly enough about something and if it is more important than them instead reading about Harry and Meghan or watching Celebrity Love Chef Island.

Last edited:
So,it was premeditated as they were heard talking about filming it.
He then plunged a knife into someone’s heart and it wasn’t murder.
I fuckin despair.

If you're carrying a knife big enough to stab someone in the heart, that should automatically go down as premeditated.

This whole 'the boy, who can not be named' rule when they're about 6ft and old enough to shave needs to go the journey as well.

Last edited:

Back