KLD out of his depth

Too young . Too little experience of English football to be running a club our size. Possibly genuinely does want us to be successful in the long term but has failed completely to understand that we need to get promoted out of this league urgently. Must admit I was a bit shocked how laid back he was as to whether we went up or not last season. I expected him to be fuming with blowing promotion and ending the season so poor and Johnsons job being possibly at risk. I expected him to be ruthless and ambitious and have a big name manager lined up but no.
the lads doing good , maybe not as fast as some people want but he's dragging us from the abiss , if we are stupid enough to hound him out we won't get someone whose in it for the long term with a plan to strengthen year on year
I will always try to be supportive of those running the club, which is a very difficult job, but even I'm incredibly frustrated by the many missteps in the last year. I've become very disillusioned with the club over these past six months.
Agree , think it's frustrating, but football is and it's no where near frustrating as it was with Metvin , Donald and before that Short

Last edited:
I wouldn't surprise me if KLD chucks it in within the next 12 months. Set backs hurt much more when you are young than it does when you have been around the block a few times. When you are in your 20's and have a club winning trophies and going to Wembley your kudos among your pals must be huge. When the team starts to loose & the fans begin to kick up and everyone in the world can see that you have put a right numpty in charge then a young person in particular doesn't want any of that carry on.

I reckon that the new telly series will put the Club back in the shop window and KLD will probably get an opportunity to ditch it and not have 40,000+ people screaming blue murder at him every week. He's also been married quite recently so sooner or later there will be kids on the way - his mam will sharp be on to him to put away the toys & start concentrating on a proper job.

I wouldn't surprise me if KLD chucks it in within the next 12 months. Set backs hurt much more when you are young than it does when you have been around the block a few times. When you are in your 20's and have a club winning trophies and going to Wembley your kudos among your pals must be huge. When the team starts to loose & the fans begin to kick up and everyone in the world can see that you have put a right numpty in charge then a young person in particular doesn't want any of that carry on.

I reckon that the new telly series will put the Club back in the shop window and KLD will probably get an opportunity to ditch it and not have 40,000+ people screaming blue murder at him every week. He's also been married quite recently so sooner or later there will be kids on the way - his mam will sharp be on to him to put away the toys & start concentrating on a proper job.
Anyone get an invite ?
Glad i never , imagine the wedding present youd have had to buy . Wouldnt have minded the night do like ☹️

That’s your opinion and you’re entitled to it.

Personally I think it’s more a case of just pointing to things that have happened, identifying a clear trend and expressing a concern arising from that trend, rather than a “conspiracy theory”, but each to their own.
You've spouted the same bullshit ever since you posted on here, as you were so incensed that Sunderland were doing well and this place was buzzing. You couldn't cope with it.
There was no rising trend.
You went on like no one that supports Sunderland. You obviously don't go to games and its fairly evident youre playing a character on here or don't support Sunderland. You don't know one person on here , one person to vouch for you. (Miraculously a few months after this had been thrown your way there was a subs bench poster who mentioned their good friend murton mark! - the type of post I've never seen about anyone on this board ever- FFS).
There is something wrong with you mate

You've spouted the same bullshit ever since you posted on here, as you were so incensed that Sunderland were doing well and this place was buzzing. You couldn't cope with it.
You went on like no one that supports Sunderland. You obviously don't go to games and its fairly evident youre playing a character on here or don't support Sunderland. You don't know one person on here , one person to vouch for you. (Miraculously a few months after this had been thrown your way there was a subs bench poster who mentioned their good friend murton mark! - the type of post I've never seen about anyone on this board ever- FFS).

I’ve been going to games a hell of a lot longer than you have sunshine. Not that this is some prerequisite to have an opinion - especially an opinion like mine which most people are thankfully coming to realise has been correct all along. As the reaction to recent posts shows very clearly.

Yea, I’ve been saying it for ages - because unlike you, I was switched on enough to see it all coming.

You’re entitled to cling to some naive dream of a cheapskate “model”. That’s your prerogative pal - no skin off my nose. It’s not my problem that all of the evidence is now stacking up against your dream. Don’t take your frustration out on me.

Last edited:
Logon or register to see this image

I’ve been going to games a hell of a lot longer than you have sunshine. Not that this is some prerequisite to have an opinion - especially an opinion like mine which most people are thankfully coming to realise has been correct all along. As the reaction to recent posts shows very clearly.

Yea, I’ve been saying it for ages - because unlike you, I was switched on enough to see it all coming.

You’re entitled to cling to some naive dream of a cheapskate “model”. That’s your prerogative pal - no skin off my nose. It’s not my problem that all of the evidence is now stacking up against your dream. Don’t take your frustration out on me.
🤣🤣 You know that I know who you are marra.
Keep on at it - it obviously gives you something in life.

Glorious in a way, isn’t it? Months of us taking shit, for having the audacity to realise what was really happening.

And now those chickens are coming home to roost. Lots of egg on lots of naive faces.
The club apologists have nowhere to turn now, the only thing they can do is lash out and blame the fans 🤷‍♂️

The club apologists have nowhere to turn now, the only thing they can do is lash out and blame the fans 🤷‍♂️

A football forum sociologist would probably be able to tell you which stage of “model myth grief” they’re at.
🤣🤣 You know that I know who you are marra.
Keep on at it - it obviously gives you something in life.

Spare us your nonsense pal. Go and find another one of the increasingly small number of apologists to have a supportive/reassuring chat with.

Last edited:
I’m not expecting an urgent return to the Premier league, I’d be happy to play attractive football and challenge for the top 6 for a few years to consolidate.

But he will make mistakes, as he has done with the derby fiasco and Beale. It’s how he learns from them over the next couple of seasons, and I would give him some time to get it right.

re us your nonsense pal. Go and find another one of the increasingly small number of apologists to have a supportive/reassuring chat with.
Fkn hell - that grass you linked in the reply still following me about !? I have him on ignore as he gets upset easy but he still obviously likes to follow me around!

When anyone vouches for you then I'll hold my hands up.
You've been going to the game longer than me pal so will know loads that go off here.
Weird that like murton mark ...

Last edited:
Fkn hell - that grass you linked in the reply still following me about !? I have him on ignore as he gets upset easy but he still obviously likes to follow me around!

You've been going to the game longer than me pal so will know loads that go off here.

It’s of absolutely no consequence to me whether or not you “hold your hands up”. I could not possibly care less what you think, or how long it takes you to wake up to the reality of what’s going on at the club.

Events have borne out my opinion/predictions already. I don’t need extra validation from you.

It’s of absolutely no consequence to me whether or not you “hold your hands up”. I could not possibly care less what you think, or how long it takes you to wake up to the reality of what’s going on at the club.

Events have borne out my opinion/predictions already. I don’t need extra validation from you.
You seem to!
But you know that I know.
Not one person went on like you. Not one.
Not one positive post even last season
Not one
You're funny

Last edited:

Dear me :lol: wasn't it you who sent me a pm apologising for your abusive posts towards me and others, or did I just imagine that🤷‍♂️

Plenty of people saw what I saw. Some even earlier than I did. We took dogs abuse for saying it. And now we’ve been validated.

You were wrong. It’s fine. It happens.
Validated!
I know you - but the others -

Bcb apart - if you had said to anyone when we got taken over in league one that in February of 2024 people would be getting wound up on here as we were slipping away from the play offs in the championship , with a team more than capable of being higher , with a bunch of young players who would get better, with a really healthy ffp so we could still sign people and also extend the players contracts on higher wages without fear of ffp -
That's what is ace.
This place is testament to what has happend with our squad in 24 months.
It's what has happened in such a short space of time and what KLD and KS have given us.
It's brilliant really .

A bit better than the days we used to moan about whether Chris Maguire was a king or not!
Or what the fuck was batth doing scoring an own goal losing 6-0 in league one (just over 24 months ago! Wow!)

I enjoy the banter on here and can take stuff without going to the mods.
And I love the craic with people who think differently.

However you, you've always been made up.

Last edited:

No one is screaming blue murder at him. People just want him to step up and be far more hands on as on the surface it seems he’s letting Davison and Speakman run the club on a daily basis.

He has people from his family business on the board and his family have a background in professional football with Marseille and I think his intentions for SAFC are genuine but the bad vibes around the club right now on so many different fronts need checking.

Season card renewal time is close and whilst many if us will renew automatically as we have done for many years, many will think twice. These are tough times financially for many people so SAFC need to illustrate that they are worth people investing their cash, emotion and time in.

Back