KLD Acquires Stewart Donald’s controlling interest in the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not conspiracy theory. It's founded on the bullshit and lies we've been fed over the years.
It may happen it may not but past experience tells most right thinking folks not to believe a word these bassas say.
Don't trust Donald and co but Jones is another matter....somebody needs to ask him a direct question on Twitter or fleece book......."has the deal passed the efl test"
To be fair, when dell was supposedly buying the club, and one man alone stood unwavering in his denial, was called all names under the sun and ridiculed none stop. I'm not sure one person apologised.

That man was @ShieldsBlackCat2015

How many on here can they were the only person proved correct on something?

Give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters, and one of them will eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare.
People always forget the time component when using that quote.

Last edited:

It's absolutely amazing that despite all the evidence, statements, newspaper reports and you know, the facts, there are still a few people who think it's all made up. Just goes to show how people can be flat earthers, trump supporters, qanon stuff etc. Some folk will just refuse to see the wood for the trees.
I think that comes from the same place as 'it's been done for a week but the club have chosen to withhold the announcement for reasons' on the other side. People feel the need to project into a vacuum.

And to be fair I was right. He didn’t “buy” the club did he. I mean I was led to believe his money was going to rescue us from Stewart Donald. His investment was going to propel us to strong contention for promotion. This was the way back. All it was was a few mates sitting on their arses loaning money to that fraud Stewart Donald whenever he was skint.

And added to the fact this talk that James Dreyfus and Juan Sheet has agreed to buy has probably been going on as long than most rumoured new owners that didn’t materialise does little to raise my already severely battered hopes and expectations. I have zero confidence in anything the club does anymore.

And I see those utterly pointless posts have been deleted. I want to thank the Mods. The forum mods are the best thing about the club.
The club released a statement naming dreyfus as the buyer

Dreyfus has been quoted speaking about buying us

One of the club directors was saying on instagram the other day that its all good news and a formality

What other evidence you need? I do realise i’m banging me heed against a brick wall

We don’t need a multi billionaire owner for the kind of moves we will be making in the transfer window.
I get that. I didn’t even mention anything about needing a billionaire.

But the old owner is hardly known for splashing the cash and paying anything for anyone.

feels like every transfer window there’s no cohesive plan for players in and out because we’re in ownership limbo

if the rumour is true that the EFL have accepted and it's back in our hands then surely there will be some sort of confirmation on companies house soon, i would imagine the club would like to announce the takeover before companies house so hopefully some news this week

But the old owner is hardly known for splashing the cash and paying anything for anyone.

feels like every transfer window there’s no cohesive plan for players in and out because we’re in ownership limbo

Thought he spent plenty, the value in which he created was beyond negligent though.

the current owner broke the lague one transfer record.
the nw owner wont be doing that, however wealthy they are.

The current owner did it purely for TV. It was a disgraceful misuse of money and power. He looked a complete imbecile at the time and completely out of his depth at every level, negotiating that deal. I'd like to think it was his worst moment, however I'm not sure it was. Shameful.

Lots of mitigating circumstances within that, mind

- He had originally bid about 100 - 250k for him
- He had been touting Maja about for 1.5
- He sold Maja for 1.5 before the end of the window without another fit striker at the club, thinking he could turn a profit
- He was told by the manager not to pay more than about a million for him
- He ended up on deadline day with no striker and chances of promotion and subsequent windfall of a club sale in tatters
- He tried to sign a number of other players on deadline day so he didn't have to stump up for Grigg (Marquis being one)
- Got pied either by the players or the clubs
- Went back to Wigan - who at this point had already been taking the piss out of our approaches in press conferences - and paid vastly over the odds, using club funds (to be expected) that could have been used in other areas, to gamble on his big promotion sale profit.

Ultimately he spent big on Grigg to earn him a bigger profit when he flipped the club.

It obviously didn't work out that way in the end as the player bombed and his subsequent neglect and incompetence saw us fall down the league each season.

Fwiw, I don't want to see a new owner spend that sort of money on one player if it means neglecting recruitment on the rest of the squad. So I'm hoping he isn't stupid enough to do it.

Last edited:
The current owner also;
Broke the transfer record for player sales in league1
Used the clubs own money to buy it
Sold off a generations worth of talent for pennies
Sacked everyone down to the kitman
Took out a £9 million loan secured against the clubs assets “he didnt need”
No need to worry though as he spent £3 million on a waster live on tv.

The current owner also;
Broke the transfer record for player sales in league1
Used the clubs own money to buy it
Sold off a generations worth of talent for pennies
Sacked everyone down to the kitman
Took out a £9 million loan secured against the clubs assets “he didnt need”
No need to worry though as he spent £3 million on a waster live on tv.

Absolutely spot on

To be fair, when dell was supposedly buying the club, and one man alone stood unwavering in his denial, was called all names under the sun and ridiculed none stop. I'm not sure one person apologised.

That man was @ShieldsBlackCat2015

How many on here can they were the only person proved correct on something?
The big difference was with the dell takeover that was started by someone on here, it wasnt really widely reported by different media sources, or any statement from the club and potential new owner
Why can't we seem to go one transfer window without a potential takeover throwing a spanner in the works?
To be fair in this window it doesnt really affect much, doesnt matter who owns the ckub we are still stuck with the ridiculous salary cap

Last edited:
if the rumour is true that the EFL have accepted and it's back in our hands then surely there will be some sort of confirmation on companies house soon, i would imagine the club would like to announce the takeover before companies house so hopefully some news this week

Companies House filings will be the last stage in the process, as they depend on everything else having happened, plus there can be anything up to 5 days between filing and the documents being publically available.

It's absolutely amazing that despite all the evidence, statements, newspaper reports and you know, the facts, there are still a few people who think it's all made up. Just goes to show how people can be flat earthers, trump supporters, qanon stuff etc. Some folk will just refuse to see the wood for the trees.

From my point of view there's no doubt there's been a takeover in the offing its obvious with the public statements from the main buyer. When things drag on for an inordinate amount of time I think its natural to think there's a big problem. If I was 'all off' tomorrow i wouldn't be in the least bit surprised. That said I haven't been following things very closely.

Companies House info rarely gets updated immediately iirc. Companies House update on their site would almost certainly be long after any club announcement.

Edit: beaten to it by GOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back