Kirk Douglas RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP. Not one of my favourites but well done him on 103. Played a good part in Out of the Past which I recently rewatched. I may watch The Bad and the Beautiful next.

Sad news and the last of the Golden age of Hollywood, what a life! Hard to be sad when someone has such a great innings and leaves behind such a great body of work, RIP Kirk you've earned it.

The last of the old school Hollywood stars.
The word legend can be over used but it’s entirely appropriate for Kirk Douglas.
R.I.P.

Despite suffering a debilitating stroke in 1996, Douglas continued to be active. He made his final screen appearance in 2004 – playing a dying film director in the low budget drama Illusion – and appeared in a one man show, Before I Forget, at the Culver Theatre in Culver City, California, in March 2009. In later years he became an active celebrity blogger and confessed that his last great ambition was to meet the actor Angelina Jolie – “provided my wife lets me”.

He was in our original work “dead pool” in the mid 90’s following his stroke..... it’s fair to say he way outlasted the dead pool. A true legend . R.I.P .... I think I’ll watch Gunfight at the OK Corral later today in tribute.

Really sad to hear that Kirk Douglas has died. He was the definition of a silver screen icon and a leading man. Could do a variety of roles from straight to comedy. 103 a good innings. RIP Spartacus.

The curtain falls and the crowd goes silent as a he leaves the stage of life 😔

Good age to go , genuine acting legend back in day when actors were icons , think all that era ended after McQueen / Newman .

Last of the Hollywood "Studio Greats" .He was a producer as well as an actor and produced his two best movies Paths of Glory and Spartacus in which he also starred.

He did however cut my only line out at the very end of Spartacus which was..... "That's the one mate. He's the bugger you 're looking for."

RIP Kirk

RIP Kirk. He lived through the golden age of Hollywood and must've seen a hell of a lot during his life. 103 is a fantastic effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back