Kevin Phillips’s son

Status
Not open for further replies.

You start to feel old when players you grew up watching become managers, older when players your age retire and even older when they start playing.
was bad enough when Lampard Jr started playing, but was even worse for me when Steve Potts boy played for us as could remember watching his Dad make his debut too, where as Frank Snr was well established for years by the time I started going

Reasoning :lol:
Keyboard warrior :lol:
Fuck me mate look at his record at championship level. He hasn't stolen a living. You made a silly point and you've been taken to task on it.
There wasn't much reasoning to your point other than his dad is Paul Ince.
oh dear. Can assure you that is not the case.

I have an opinion and so have you. You have made your points- three of you now.

No need to come on shouting the odds cos you disagree.

Bad craic that.

Last edited:
There are quite a few decent footballers who were better than their fathers, it is just you don't hear much about them, because you didn't know their fathers were footballers if they weren't very good in the first place. You only tend to be aware of it the other way around, because there's awareness and expectation. For example, all of the following had pro-footballer dads who played a lesser standard than them:

Krancjar, Alisson, Mandzukic, Rosicky, Antonio Valencia, Jari Litmanen, Lucas Hernandez, Thiago, Hummels, Oliver Kahn, Sammer, Puskas, Christian Vieri, Xabi Alonso, Ander Herrera, Saul Niguez and Paolo Maldini (although his dad was also very good)

You can add Pele’s dad, Dondinho, to that list. Seem to recall the fact that he scored five headers in one match once.

Was it not his son being ill that meant he missed a match v Sheff Utd at the SOL the week he had been called up for England for the first time.

Atmosphere was v flat when everyone heard, game could have done with him as well as was dull 0-0
I remember saying to my uncle that it was the worst game I'd ever seen. He said you could tell i'd not been going to games long. RIP Uncle John.

His bairns were at the same nursery we used. Saw SKP most afternoons when picking the kids up. Toby is the same age as my daughter (no).

I got SKP to sign my sons first football boots. When I gave them to him he cried cos "someone had scribbled on his new boots". He scrubbed it off with sandpaper 😂

Good luck in your career anyway young fella.

was it the one just outside Durham on the A691?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back