Keeping possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's on £40k a week in L1 and he's holding his own. Gerrin. The reason he is on that much is because of eejits like yay blowin smoke up his arse when every man and his dog knew he couldn't hack it at Prem or Champo level. I hold you personally responsible for the Cattermole contract farce.
Normally I'd have a little chuckle, a lol, at such a really crap effort of a wind up but appreciate the effort that's gone in to it. However given its you I'm not sure it is a shit wind up

Keeping possession is a massive thing in this league. Very true words spoken.

It's also massive in any other league.

It's almost but not quite on a par with scoring more goals than the opposition, conceding fewer goals and generally being better. In fact that would pretty much be my team talk each week.
That would be a silly team talk to give against better sides with more quality in the higher divisions as they're better equipped at allowing other sides to have more possession. You know that the though, don't you?

Last edited:
That would be a silly team talk to give against better sides with more quality in the higher divisions as they're better equipped at allowing other sides to have more possession. You know that the though, don't you?

This is a really great point rockster and something I'd clearly and naively overlooked.

in this league is a massive thing. Teams don't react to it well at all and end up losing their shape. Any period of sustained possession just builds tension in opposing defences

Great thread etc
That's why Poyet did so well at Brighton at the start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back