Keeping possession

in this league is a massive thing. Teams don't react to it well at all and end up losing their shape. Any period of sustained possession just builds tension in opposing defences

Great thread etc

Outscoring the opposition may also be key........But that's next level FIFA badges shoite

Wasted on here Rocko....

I like the possession with a purpose style that Ross seems to adopt. It is not possession for its own sake, we seem to shift it quicker and try to work it forward. When we have overlapping fullbacks it gives us angles and options.

We need to encourage this and keep up the short passing as well as the side to side switches. It means energy and movement from the players though. When we were closed down and stopped moving at Burton, our lumping it to the target man approach was just what the opposition wanted.

how will it work out later in the season though when all the other teams are fit as fuck cos of the way we made them all chase shadows? seems like short term thinking from rocky here.

Got a point. I know there are a few teams that like to get the ball down on the deck in this league, but the majority rely on the long ball and look to bully defenders.

When adopting a passing style, patience and persistence is key, it’s all too easy to resort to the long ball when it’s not quite working out as planned. I think we’ve made this mistake several times this season, generally when Wyke has been on the field.

We lose our own shape trying to keep possession when teams get in our faces. Look at the away goals & Oxford/Fleetwood H

Back