Keeping possession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was Lee there too?

Think about it though. Scunny were unbeaten when they came here and Rochdale had won two and drawn two of their 4 away games. We murdered both of them....which validates the OP’s point.
Peterborough will be the game where the quick passing will be essential. We need to start much quicker and with much more purpose. Blow them away in the first half and put the frighteners up Portsmouth and the rest of the league.

I think you’re right Rocky but it’s got more dimensions right?
I think we’ve had the possession stats in every game but when it’s achieved what you point to in the OP, the possession is forward moving and changing the wing/direction of attack. That, after winning the necessary battles for 20 minutes, is what pulls teams apart in L1.

It's true in fairness. There's an old Argentinian proverb that goes "you can't score if you don't have the ball, unless Vergini's got it on the edge of his own box.".

Was Lee there too?

Think about it though. Scunny were unbeaten when they came here and Rochdale had won two and drawn two of their 4 away games. We murdered both of them....which validates the OP’s point.
Also got beat 5-0 off fleetwood at home the week after tbf :lol:

He's kept it well this season. To suggest otherwise is absolute nonsense and a preconceived opinion.

He's on £40k a week in L1 and he's holding his own. Gerrin. The reason he is on that much is because of eejits like yay blowin smoke up his arse when every man and his dog knew he couldn't hack it at Prem or Champo level. I hold you personally responsible for the Cattermole contract farce.

Keeping possession is a massive thing in this league. Very true words spoken.

It's also massive in any other league.

It's almost but not quite on a par with scoring more goals than the opposition, conceding fewer goals and generally being better. In fact that would pretty much be my team talk each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back