Keeping off the drink.

Morning folks,

It’s that time of year again when people are doing dry January again and fads like that.
I’m keeping off it if late mainly since I was bad in December with either flu or Covid I can’t get the taste for it.What I am enjoying though is the feeling of being absolutely sharp as a tack and fresh.This morning I’ve had breakfast,dropped our lass off at work,took the dog for a canny walk,cleaned the fire out and prepped to be lit later,washed a couple of dishes,hoovered and mopped the downstairs,made the bed all in that order.
If I’d had even a couple last night I’d not have done half of that.

Anyone else doing dry January/decided to treat alcohol more sensibly or even just gave it up completely?

Morning folks,

It’s that time of year again when people are doing dry January again and fads like that.
I’m keeping off it if late mainly since I was bad in December with either flu or Covid I can’t get the taste for it.What I am enjoying though is the feeling of being absolutely sharp as a tack and fresh.This morning I’ve had breakfast,dropped our lass off at work,took the dog for a canny walk,cleaned the fire out and prepped to be lit later,washed a couple of dishes,hoovered and mopped the downstairs,made the bed all in that order.

Anyone else doing dry January/decided to treat alcohol more sensibly or even just gave it up completely?

Just sensible.
Half a bottle of wine last night and finish it off tonight.
One beer tomorrow then dry until next Friday.

Morning folks,

Were you wearing a frock when you made the bed?

No dry January for me, all things in moderation is the way forward

Morning folks,

I'm on day 6 and can vouch for the sharp as a tack bit.

Our lass keeps complaining about her ribs aching from laughing at my hilarious wit and general repartee

At least I think that's what she said (I could hear her properly as she was sharpening the meat cleaver)

I cut right back over Christmas compared to what I'm usually like. I felt like I had proper break and felt much better getting up for work on Wednesday when usually I'd feel like I need a few more days.

Must admit since I was also bad with flu/cold/covid in December I haven’t had a taste for the drink much either, which is very unlike me. I still had a few most nights between Christmas and new year but I felt like I was having to force them down rather than enjoying them.

Since being back to work it’s back to the usual only drinking on a weekend night, which last night is the first one of those we’ve had. I got ales in (Hobgoblin) instead of lager, wondering if it was just lager I’d lost a bit of a taste for, but nah same thing I felt like I wasn’t enjoying them like I usually would and forced them down ‘because it’s a Friday night’.

I’ll probably at least try a couple tonight before being back off it again until next weekend but fuck knows what to buy cos I feel like I just don’t fancy owt, but at the same time it wouldn’t feel like a Saturday night if I didn’t have a drink in me hand.

I'm still on course for a dry Jan but last night was tough as I like to cut loose after finishing on Friday. For the first three or four days, I do fell noticeably sharper but after that, I tend to feel a bit groggy and don't really notice the difference.

Must admit since I was also bad with flu/cold/covid in December I haven’t had a taste for the drink much either, which is very unlike me. I still had a few most nights between Christmas and new year but I felt like I was having to force them down rather than enjoying them.

Since being back to work it’s back to the usual only drinking on a weekend night, which last night is the first one of those we’ve had. I got ales in (Hobgoblin) instead of lager, wondering if it was just lager I’d lost a bit of a taste for, but nah same thing I felt like I wasn’t enjoying them like I usually would and forced them down ‘because it’s a Friday night’.

I’ll probably at least try a couple tonight before being back off it again until next weekend but fuck knows what to buy cos I feel like I just don’t fancy owt, but at the same time it wouldn’t feel like a Saturday night if I didn’t have a drink in me hand.
You’ve honestly described me mate.

I’ve jumped onto the 0.0 Guiness.It’s canny good like and I can’t really tell the difference between that and the real gear.
Alcohol free lager mind is shit.Tried them all,Guiness seem to have nailed it.2 of them as a change from tea or water seems to be doing it for me(for now)

Long May this continue 🙏

Has next to nothing since 3rd December had this flu thing but Thursday night I had 3 pints in the ivy and thoroughly enjoyed them

Back