Keeping off the drink.

Aye dry Jan for me drank far too much in the house over Xmas most I ever have in a 2 week period, doing a reset then it'll be either a bottle of red or a couple of cans with a couple of drams on a Friday and Saturday if stopping in. Feel champion this morning.

I don’t drink in the house so keeping of it is easy in that sense.
I like a pint with a meal and if I’m going out I’ll have a session but I never over do it.

It’s fairly easy not to feel like shit afterwards, if you listen to your body and stop over indulging there’s nothing wrong with having a drink.

No one likes a piss head not even themselves.

You’ve honestly described me mate.

I’ve jumped onto the 0.0 Guiness.It’s canny good like and I can’t really tell the difference between that and the real gear.
Alcohol free lager mind is shit.Tried them all,Guiness seem to have nailed it.2 of them as a change from tea or water seems to be doing it for me(for now)

Long May this continue 🙏

Aye I’ve heard good things about that alcohol free Guinness, haven’t saw it in a shop yet like but might pick some up when I do because I like a Guinness. I’ve still got some alcohol free lager (Rheinbacher from Aldi) from Christmas Day because I was on driving duty until tea time and it’s okay but I need to try this 0.0 Guinness.

I battered the drink quite a bit in the lead up to and over the main part of Christmas, an all dayer for the match on Boxing Day being by far the heaviest, so I thought I might’ve just been sick of it after that but it’s lasting longer than I thought it would tbh.

I especially thought last night after a working week back off it I’d be raring to go last night, was a bit disappointed when I just wasn’t enjoying it again. :lol:

I'm on day 6 and can vouch for the sharp as a tack bit.

Our lass keeps complaining about her ribs aching from laughing at my hilarious wit and general repartee

At least I think that's what she said (I could hear her properly as she was sharpening the meat cleaver)
Was it not more like " You're a f***ing joke mate"

I like a pint with a meal and if I’m going out I’ll have a session but I never over do it.

It’s fairly easy not to feel like shit afterwards, if you listen to your body and stop over indulging there’s nothing wrong with having a drink.

I love a drink but don’t enjoy the feeling of it in my system especially after the even which is obvious.I enjoy the social side of it and the taste.
I’ve always said if I found an non-alcoholic drink that was the same as the normal gear I’d drink that.

Aye I’ve heard good things about that alcohol free Guinness, haven’t saw it in a shop yet like but might pick some up when I do because I like a Guinness. I’ve still got some alcohol free lager (Rheinbacher from Aldi) from Christmas Day because I was on driving duty until tea time and it’s okay but I need to try this 0.0 Guinness.

I battered the drink quite a bit in the lead up to and over the main part of Christmas, an all dayer for the match on Boxing Day being by far the heaviest, so I thought I might’ve just been sick of it after that but it’s lasting longer than I thought it would tbh.

I especially thought last night after a working week back off it I’d be raring to go last night, was a bit disappointed when I just wasn’t enjoying it again. :lol:
Tesco and Asda.
I think it’s a game changer in the Non Alcoholic beverages as everything else I’ve tried is lame.

Beer with meals is the worst.

Only carbo snacks does it work with.

Not drinking beer in the house but still bought some beer directly from breweries to help try and support them.

Still having beer out. Was out last night and seemed pretty busy.

Not doing any dry-owt fad but off the drink for a bit cos training for Sunderland 10k in early May and need to start getting in shape.

As well as being motivated on the domestic side of life I'm a little bit more motivated at graft anarl and my boss thinks I'm ace.

Dog getting a 8k walk over the quarry this aft.

I only ever drink on a Wednesday night for pool night, but given that I've been having ear issues for a few days, I decided to only have a couple to not have a bad head alongside ear issues.

Not exactly dry January but still thinking I'm gonna be drinking less than I usually do, but just due to circumstances.

Many of us, me included, come from a culture where our social circles encourage drinking beyond excess. It's a bit weird really.

I've got a stag do and a wedding coming up in the next few weeks, I think I'll try and remain sober at the latter. I wouldn't know where to begin with being sober at the former unfortunately. :neutral:

Back