Keeping off the drink.

We are cutting down on midweek drinking but no chance knocking weekends on the head. Life is too short not to enjoy yourself and that's often how I enjoy myself.
That's spot on mate, it's not about giving up the drink for good unless you have to for medical reasons or you really just sick of it. But nothing wrong with enjoying yourself on a weekend as long as your not waking up in a gutter the next day.
Gillythedilf this thread has been class and I've learned so much 👏.

Last edited:
What time would you manage if you didn’t drink?
In early 2004 it was approaching the end of the football season and we went over to the West Indies for 2 test matches. We drank loads and when we got back I eased right up for a few months. In that time I played better football, cycled better for longer distances and faster and I do feel my fitness massively improved.
I’ve watched and read stories about players like Tony Adams, Gazza and the likes who drank and played at the very top level whilst drunk and drinking heavily. Imagine how good Gazza or George Best could have been if they lived a lifestyle like Ronaldo?
I think about 2:45. My pb is 2:54. A week or 2 before I had a boozy cycling trip, pissed every night for 4 nights. It was great.

I've cut down massively but it doesn't feel like it's been a conscious decision, I'm just not that arsed about it anymore. Have 4 pints before a home game, only had one 'session' so far this year. I'll have a skinful this weekend as I'm off to Scotland for a couple of days on the lash but my next one won't be any time soon afterwards.

Morning folks,

It’s that time of year again when people are doing dry January again and fads like that.
I’m keeping off it if late mainly since I was bad in December with either flu or Covid I can’t get the taste for it.What I am enjoying though is the feeling of being absolutely sharp as a tack and fresh.This morning I’ve had breakfast,dropped our lass off at work,took the dog for a canny walk,cleaned the fire out and prepped to be lit later,washed a couple of dishes,hoovered and mopped the downstairs,made the bed all in that order.
If I’d had even a couple last night I’d not have done half of that.

Anyone else doing dry January/decided to treat alcohol more sensibly or even just gave it up completely?
Been off it for years me owld marra. 5am I'm up on the weekends and getting loads sorted.

Getting smashed is for thickos.

We are cutting down on midweek drinking but no chance knocking weekends on the head. Life is too short not to enjoy yourself and that's often how I enjoy myself.
I agree tbh,drinks brought me nothing but pleasure(sort from the 3 day hangovers though)I havnt went T total or owt I’ve just decided to cut right back and keep off it for a short while.
I feel that good though it’s motivated me to keep going,I even convinced our Marra to cut back and he’s a new gadgie.
Midweek drinking mind is the Rd to wreck and ruin though che imo.
Getting up at 5am is for losers with no life.
In the spring/ summer it’s class,best time of the day.

Last edited:
I agree tbh,drinks brought me nothing but pleasure(sort from the 3 day hangovers though)I havnt went T total or owt I’ve just decided to cut right back and keep off it for a short while.
I feel that good though it’s motivated me to keep going,I even convinced our Marra to cut back and he’s a new gadgie.
Midweek drinking mind is the Rd to wreck and ruin though che imo.

In the spring/ summer it’s class,best time of the day.
He's a right dullard is what he is. Thinks he invented walking all of a sudden. He was on a downward spiral like so it'll be doing him the world of good tbf.

Back