Keep feeding those birds during the snowy weather

Bouncing this thread again.

Getting plenty of Finches on the Sunflower feeders, plenty of Goldfinches but great to see a decent number of Green Finches that are struggling with numbers.
Mrs (no) took this one today.

Logon or register to see this image
You lucky so and so. Got a big garden but all we get is pigeons and jackdaws. Nowt colourful and our feeders remain untouched throughout the year.

You lucky so and so. Got a big garden but all we get is pigeons and jackdaws. Nowt colourful and our feeders remain untouched throughout the year.

We are very lucky in the sticks.
Like McDonalds in both the front and back gardens, they are feeding constantly.
My Mrs (no) into her photography.
Will try and get a picture of the feeding station, they queue up for the spaces.
Bird Table and one feeder emptied daily. Down side it costs money !!

We are very lucky in the sticks.
Like McDonalds in both the front and back gardens, they are feeding constantly.
My Mrs (no) into her photography.
Will try and get a picture of the feeding station, they queue up for the spaces.
Bird Table and one feeder emptied daily. Down side it costs money !!
Starting to dislike you!!
Noticed a Great Tit and Blue Tit already taking up a nest box.
The Nuthatch is active in the tree outside our front garden, nests in the same hole every year. Very vocal when the Great Spotted Woodpecker is around.

Lovely watching them Mate.
Stop it, please.

Last edited:
You may get lucky Mate.
My Auntie moved into a new build and for months they had nothing, took some time and they started to get visitors this Winter.
Would recommend sunflower hearts and a cage feeder with peanuts.
Ironic thing is; when I lived in more urban areas around London and Manchester I had lots more, the biggest problem was keeping squirrels off the feeder, used the caged feeder then. Also watched many a good fight on my shed roof with next door’s cat vs the squirrels.

Anyway please keep enjoying your views etc and I’ll live my wildlife vicariously through a bloke in Swindon!

You may get lucky Mate.
My Auntie moved into a new build and for months they had nothing, took some time and they started to get visitors this Winter.
Would recommend sunflower hearts and a cage feeder with peanuts.
I've posted in here a few times, tried quite a few things without success. New build house surrounded by farmers fields. I see all sorts when I'm out with the dog. Probably not helped by neighbours cats. Gonna try and build up shrubs and see if that helps.

This little female Siskin flew into our kitchen window on Saturday morning. Heard a thud and went out to look and there she was all dazed. I picked her up as the cats would have had her.

I stuck her up on top of one of the fence posts with a handful of sunflower hearts.

She was gone when I went back outside later (as was the food) Hopefully she made it 🙏

This little female Siskin flew into our kitchen window on Saturday morning. Heard a thud and went out to look and there she was all dazed. I picked her up as the cats would have had her.

I stuck her up on top of one of the fence posts with a handful of sunflower hearts.

She was gone when I went back outside later (as was the food) Hopefully she made it 🙏

Nice one.
Yes if they are still moving more likely dazed. Not good when they fly into the reflection of a window. I have found in the past it can be down to a Sparrowhawk suddenly causing a panic.
Have picked a few up and after 5 mins they have flown off 🤞

The lapwings came back on Saturday . (they migrate from here) . One pair. We used to get 60 -70 pairs . All because the gamekeepers aren't allowed to kill crows anymore . Soon the only birds around here will be crows . Ugly bastards .

Very rare sighting Mate. We only get a few around here and not throughout the year. Their nest plagued by Crows and Badgers.
Used to be a common sighting.

Heard my first Chiffchaff this Morning. The Spring door is officially open 👍

Back