Keep feeding those birds during the snowy weather

Logon or register to see this image

I stood 6 feet away and took this on my mobile.
Took a Magpie.

The Mrs (no) into photography.
This one with a proper Camera in the garden.

https://postimg.cc/3WpWRjcG
Superb that second photo. I used to do a lot of bird photography back when I had more than 5 mins spare in my day 😄... I caught Osprey, Short Eared and Barn Owl in flight and even a Marsh Harrier nicking a moorhen chick at RSPB Leighton Moss - but never got a Sparrowhawk at rest.

Top drawer

Superb that second photo. I used to do a lot of bird photography back when I had more than 5 mins spare in my day 😄... I caught Osprey, Short Eared and Barn Owl in flight and even a Marsh Harrier nicking a moorhen chick at RSPB Leighton Moss - but never got a Sparrowhawk at rest.

Top drawer

Sounds fantastic Mate.
Feeding the birds daily without doubt must give them confidence. In the Summer just lay on a sun lounger and keep still as they still hop on the feeders.

Some cracking pictures and memories for you 👍

Just wonderful walking at dusk.
The farmers around here are cutting the hedgerow’s. One of the benefits to thicken them up, supports the nesting period around April, offers better cover protection from the Magpies & Crows.
Tonight was watching a few Lapwings, quite rare now.
A fox ran out in front, the dog saw it and called him back.

Always take some suet pellets in the pocket and was feeding a Robin.
Grateful to have the Countryside around me, a feeling of contentment.

I've got one of those poles to hang feeders on and a lone rat was on them. I sprayed the pole with WD40 then let the dog out every time it was struggling to climb the pole. It disappeared sharpish and I've never seen any again since.

I don't have a dog. How do you stop the mess from the feeders reaching the ground?

Have given up....rats have discovered the feeders.... :(
I've got one of those poles to hang feeders on and a lone rat was on them. I sprayed the pole with WD40 then let the dog out every time it was struggling to climb the pole. It disappeared sharpish and I've never seen any again since.

Problem is they usually feed at night.
You may have to get some sealed bait boxes, if you can find the hole where they are living then easier to get rid of them. Fortunate to have an air rifle.
I don't have a dog. How do you stop the mess from the feeders reaching the ground?

Honestly you will struggle as always as few crumbs & seeds get dropped.

Last edited:

Back