Keel Square

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't know if they are published anywhere but I've walked past a few times and the paving with them carved in runs in a direct line towards the Bridges and is in date order.
Cheers mate. Will have a look when I'm back in July. Have a sketch of The Lizzie Webber on my wall here which was the first emigrant ship from Sunderland to Australia so just to see if that's on. Built in 1851 I think.

There is every need..... They are never held to account for anything coz the good old Sunderland folk keep voting them in! The Vaux site alone has been a complete shambles since, the buildings were demolished...
Haway then Geordie boy, what are the council meant to do with the land until some companies decide to build on it?

There is every need..... They are never held to account for anything coz the good old Sunderland folk keep voting them in! The Vaux site alone has been a complete shambles since, the buildings were demolished...

Which they are trying to rectify mate. Not saying I love the council. But I'm not blind to there efforts in trying to sort the vaux site out.

What's the alternative mate? Sit there hating? What's that gonna achieve?

Aye, well done for giving us a couple of trees, a pavement, a few new street lights, an over the top sign with Keel Square on it, a lovely bit of turf and the most beautiful car park you could ever wish for.... Oh how could I ever forget the fountain.... :eek: Sunderland council have great success with fountains.... Seaburn fountain anyone?

Logon or register to see this image

This Geordie lad ^^^ is fuming

If/when they move the Courts it'll be better like. Get shot of the Courts and move it out of the area which in turn will stop the scratters loitering in the redeveloped area then it will be so much better.

Sorry but what a waste, about the same level of thought has gone into that as the Seaburn fountain and that sculpture in the river. One sharp cold spell it'll be an ice rink, burst pipes, beyond economic repair and never heard of again.

Because park benches next to cheap, crap pubs and law courts attract tramps and drunks. The only reason normal punters will be in that area is to walk through it going somewhere else.

Nice vista of Bishopwearmouth Church, classic victorian pubs, wonderful theatre, bit of a grassed area.

Instead of a massive tin hut and a roundabout.

maybe normal people should get their heads up and see what there is left of their town and start appreciating it rather than slagging it off at any opportunity.

If/when they move the Courts it'll be better like. Get shot of the Courts and move it out of the area which in turn will stop the scratters loitering in the redeveloped area then it will be so much better.
Did I read on here that the courts may move to a new build on the faux site, with a load of offices for law firms to go with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back