Keel Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
High street needs sorting now though and the buildings containing the corner flag. Its a bit like when you get a new Kitchen and you start thinking, it looks nice, but it makes the rest of the house tatty.

No pleasing some people, aye the new square isnt exactly going to transform Sunderland in Paris but it's a 1,000 times better than what was there before.

I'm all for knocking the council, but i think some people have an over exaggerating idea what the council can actually do, they cant force companies to set up in Sunderland, they cant force more/better shops to open, they cant force more/better bars or restaurants to open.

But they can do projects like this which should hopefully encourage private investment in to the area (such as the hotel that is being going to be built in the boarded off section to the side of Keel Square).

Looks nice. No fan of Sunderland council but damned if they do damned if they don't with some on here.

Anyone know if the names of the ships that are going to be on there are published anywhere? Or are they in date or alphabetical order?
Don't know if they are published anywhere but I've walked past a few times and the paving with them carved in runs in a direct line towards the Bridges and is in date order.

Think it looks really good, the Londonderry fits in with it well. No pleasing some people, they'd be complaining if it was still a roundabout.

Think it looks really good, the Londonderry fits in with it well. No pleasing some people, they'd be complaining if it was still a roundabout.

They didn't have to fix it, it wasn't broken....

It's just a gimmick and an attempt to make them look like they are improving Sunderland... :rolleyes:

If they did something worthwhile I would congratulate them...

Too many on here are easily pleased! :confused:

It's just a gimmick and an attempt to make them look like they are improving Sunderland... :rolleyes:

How is it a gimmick? They've improved the area to make it more appealing to businesses. Not everything they do has to be a massive statement.

What would you suggest?

It's a step in the right direction marra.

No need to hate

How is it a gimmick? They've improved the area to make it more appealing to businesses. Not everything they do has to be a massive statement.

Reduced business rates and free parking would be better for business than some decking with a few pissed up tramps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back