Keel Square:

A city on the up.
When ya rock bottom there’s only one way you can go. Testament to all the locals who have stood by the city in all her troubles. To the residents who have only ever worked or lived away I raise my two fingers to you all. God bless sunderland and all who sail in her day to day. Away the local.

FOSC

:lol: Just on a wind up pal before I go to rosedene and soak up the sun.

Shouldn’t you be arguing with other sr6ers about dog shit and houses
:lol::lol::lol:
You seem to be interested a lot in what I’m doing and feeling boris?

I’m under your skin a bit ain’t I.

Was I on about you like?

The whingers and haters? Why on earth would anyone think this is bad? It’s terrific news. Nowt to do with the council but terrific.
And judging by the comments after your very post it seems the ‘supporters and lovers’ are now not happy with the building opposite!!! Claims of its an eyesore, get it demolished and also get the new hotel built!! Can’t keep yas happy!
We are on different sides but want the same outcome.

Have you seen who owns Hays Travel? ;)

Have you seen who owns Hays Travel? ;)
Haha. Now it makes sense!!
Can you not remember when I first came in this site and we were going for the culture bid. I got hammered everyday day you lot banging on about let me think here.

Keel square
New offices on vaux
Renovation of sea burn
The pier
The bridge
The new hotel
The government tax hub

In reality look what we got. It’s laughable.

Keel square hasn’t moved yet apart from Hayes (I never looked up mr Hayes but I imagine he as something to do with sc by your remark) moving thier work force from one part to another part of town.
The vaux site as stopped.
Seaburn has stopped.
The pier is shut
The bridge is delayed
And the invester has pulled out of the new hotel.
The government hub was back heeled into the pasture and there is still hope. Even though they are building it in Birmingham.

Anyway am ready for a pint and sunshine. As you were.

Can you not remember when I first came in this site and we were going for the culture bid. I got hammered everyday day you lot banging on about let me think here.

Keel square
New offices on vaux
Renovation of sea burn
The pier
The bridge
The new hotel
The government tax hub

In reality look what we got. It’s laughable.

Keel square hasn’t moved yet apart from Hayes (I never looked up mr Hayes but I imagine he as something to do with sc by your remark) moving thier work force from one part to another part of town.
Seaburn has stopped.
The pier is shut
The bridge is delayed
The government hub was back heeled into the pasture and there is still hope. Even though they are building it in Birmingham.

His wife is council CEO

I think you're exaggerating much of that anarl mind.

Seaburn/Vaux is unfortunate with Carillion, but new contractor has been appointed & hopefully work will start soon.
Investor hasn't pulled out of hotel, just the contractors who were to build it
Bridge has a couple of months delays, which is pretty standard really.
Hays are not just moving, they're expanding & taking on new staff.

Last edited:
His wife is council CEO

I think you're exaggerating much of that anarl mind.

Seaburn/Vaux is unfortunate with Carillion, but new contractor has been appointed & hopefully work will start soon.
Investor hasn't pulled out of hotel, just the contractors who were to build it
Bridge has a couple of months delays, which is pretty standard really.
Hays are not just moving, they're expanding & taking on new staff.
I know and I welcomed the hays news.
Pretty standard for a bridge to be delayed that long? So did you not explain this to the council before they announced when it would be done.
Spring is a pretty broad estimate it’s a 3 month window. They should have just said it will be open in the future. Then they couldn’t be wrong. And how can I exaggerate facts?

Seaburn has stopped.
The pier is shut
The bridge is delayed

1) Keel Square has become an icon of the city and its heritage. To say it has done nothing is a blatant lie, it has hosted all kinds of events since its construction and there hasn't been anywhere with that kind of pull. Hayes is in, and so will other businesses soon.

2) The Vaux site has a new contractor and phase one will be resumed soon. You will be devastated to see that happening.

3) Won't be long before a new contractor is appointed here likewise

4) Why was a devastating, one off storm the fault of sunderland city council? just why?

5) This one is clutching straws. You're throwing about the term "delayed" here as if the thing never got off the f***ing ground, its sitting there virtually finished!!!

6) Source for this one?

I know and I welcomed the hays news.
Pretty standard for a bridge to be delayed that long? So did you not explain this to the council before they announced when it would be done.
Spring is a pretty broad estimate it’s a 3 month window. They should have just said it will be open in the future. Then they couldn’t be wrong. And how can I exaggerate facts?

is it 'that long'? really?
They said spring, which depending on which definition you use is either end of May, or 21st June.
So they still could be on time with the latter, or a few weeks late with the former. It's not really worth stressing over.
If it was 6 months + delays, then aye have a bit of a moan.

Back