Keano

And Roy should have maybe sat back and not over reacted. I love Keano but he is hot headed and that is often is biggest short fall.

Agreed,but if Short had understood the man a bit more....as you say,his hotheadedness was well documented....he might have known what reaction he was likely to get. As has since been abundantly clear,Short had little or no understanding of the business he had just bought into.

And Roy should have maybe sat back and not over reacted. I love Keano but he is hot headed and that is often is biggest short fall.

And he's admitted as much since. I think if you asked Short now where he'd gone wrong he'd find anyone else to blame.

Keane could probably have handled it better but the fact that utter wanker rocked up and started pushing someone like RK around tells you all he knew about football.

Ellis Short should never have been anywhere near a club like SAFC. He's all but ruined us and I wish everyone would keep in mind when they get upset about league one that he's the primary reason we are here.

Last edited:
And he's admitted as much since. I think if you asked Short now where he'd gone wrong he'd find anyone else to blame.

Keane could probably have handled it better but the fact that utter wanker rocked up and started pushing someone like RK around tells you all he knew about football.
They were both at fault. As the bloke paying his wages I assume he thought he had the right to question him.

They were both at fault. As the bloke paying his wages I assume he thought he had the right to question him.

As the bloke who turned the entire club around he was well within his rights to tell some rich no mark to fuck off.

I know who I was backing at the time, haven't changed my mind since.

Last edited:
That is spot on but I think a more mature Keane armed with the experience of success with us, failure at Ipswich and several years working alongside MON could be worth a 2nd chance. If he was asked who's to say he wouldn't jump at the chance now Short has finally gone.

Away days we're so f***ing good that season, I'm not ashamed to say I don't really miss them much now. They went to shite during our time in the PL, still some crackers but every week was still belting fun back then.

Good fuckng good

How the fuck you think I'm an alcky.

They were superb

We were smashing everything in sight man

f***ing good

Would be great to have Keane back if only to hear this from the fans again.

Last Sunderland manager to get that

Eh

Last edited:
Good fuckng good

How the fuck you think I'm an alcky.

They were superb

We were smashing everything in sight man

f***ing good

Last Sunderland manager to get that

Eh

Not sure if it was an age thing / myself or if the vibe really did change. 1992 - 2010 I did at least 80% of away games and loved (ignoring results) just about every single day out.
Do you think the feeling at aways changed around 2010 Hank marra or am I just getting old and grumpy ?

As the bloke who turned the entire club around he was well within his rights to tell some rich no mark to fuck off.

I know who I was backing at the time, haven't changed my mind since.

Short was well within his rights to suggest the manager lived closer to the club too. The big problem was that neither man had many skills by way of diplomacy.

And that's no proof he would be able to do well again, either. Most of the demand is based on nostalgia. I simply don't think he's the right man to manage with League 1 players on a (for him) limited budget.
Agreed, he showed no real ability as a manager subsequent to Sunderland. I have no idea what he brought to the table as Assistant manager to ROI under ONeill except failure.

What Sunderland really needs is a new head of recruitment who can find and sign good young players, including players from France, Spain, Portugal and Holland as good young players dpnt seem to exist in the lower British leagues in any great numbers. And then a good coach/manager who can train what he is given to work with.

Agreed, he showed no real ability as a manager subsequent to Sunderland. I have no idea what he brought to the table as Assistant manager to ROI under ONeill except failure.

What Sunderland really needs is a new head of recruitment who can find and sign good young players, including players from France, Spain, Portugal and Holland as good young players dpnt seem to exist in the lower British leagues in any great numbers. And then a good coach/manager who can train what he is given to work with.
What we really need is to get going and quickly. Too much piss farting about.

Back