Keane, Neville, & The Italian Dopers

Yeah Keane quit drinking once Robson and Parker left didn’t he

he was a big drinker with the older lads, used to travel back to Cork and get up to all sorts also which never made the headlines, yes then at some point he went complete teetotal and became a health nut

Might have been after that time he spent the night in the cell

You mean Nadal?
Aye, just didn't want to name names, incase the thread got moved.

I know he's been amazing after the injury the same time as Spain were pretending to care about doping but it just seemed to fit at the time. He might be totally innocent but Spanish sports at that time all seemed to have the best endurance.

Interesting about Rooney, Sir Alex used to bollock him constantly for dropping off and not running at defenders. Ferguson gets the blame for taking that out of his game when it turns out he was trying to keep Rooney doing that.

Reckon it was recreational or performance enhancing ?

I think footballers should be allowed to let their hair down
Well recreational drugs are illegal so you'd get banned for taking them too.
In my view they just embraced professionalism before we did in England. They had dieticians and multiple fitness coaches whilst the players over here were still getting sloshed on a Tuesday night with a kebab. Things changed over here with the influx of foreign coaches and fitness levels increased significantly.
The influx of Italian players and coaches in the English, as well as Spanish, must mean it's rampant in England too!

In the 90's English football still had a drinking culture. It was common for players to go on the beer on Monday every week. Then we had more foreign players and coaches come over and they brought in these new ideas. It's the reason why English football is probably the best in the world at the minute.

Last edited:
Would seem a bit pointless given that he took the test a day or two after and it came out negative.

There are plenty of drugs - recreational and performance enhancing - which could pass out of the system / be masked in that time frame. Cocaine, EPO etc.

Not saying that's what Ferdinand did, I have no idea why he missed the test, but it's the reason that elite athletes aren't allowed to dodge testers.

Imagine getting stopped for drink driving and skipping the test only to turn up at the police station 2 days later to prove you're sober. It doesn't work like that.

Would seem a bit pointless given that he took the test a day or two after and it came out negative.
Can be out of your system within hours, especially if you are micro dosing so you just hide for the hours you are glowing and then apologise that your doorbell battery was dead so you will happily take the test now after you've tested yourself and know you are negative.

Well recreational drugs are illegal so you'd get banned for taking them too.

The influx of Italian players and coaches in the English, as well as Spanish, must mean it's rampant in England too!

In the 90's English football still had a drinking culture. It was common for players to go on the beer on Monday every week. Then we had more foreign players and coaches come over and they brought in these new ideas. It's the reason why English football is probably the best in the world at the minute.
I know but having a spliff or summit is better than steroids imo

Back