Karting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warden law is mint even if it's a tad on the expensive side.

I have eight warden law trophies with a fastest lap of 1min 4secs. I only use brake on four parts of track.

Never break or let off the accelerator in 1st turn. Full throttle it.
It's all about position of kart and how quick you can accelerate out of corner

Last edited:
Over here in Cumbria I had only ever been indoor which was decent.

But last week I had a 15 minute blast outdoor, in the wet on slicks and it was funny as anything. Parents at a kids birthday party going hell for leather and spinning off everywhere.

Warden law is mint even if it's a tad on the expensive side.

I have eight warden law trophies with a fastest lap of 1min 4secs. I only use brake on four parts of track.

Never break or let off the accelerator in 1st turn. Full throttle it.
It's all about position of kart and how quick you can accelerate out of corner
First turn and the s's are flat out until the hairpin, which is a hard braking zone
Do you think my weight will slow me down enough for the bairn to compete with me?
Depends on how good a driver you both are!

Don't do it hungover.
Heed my warning
Many years ago i attended a distributors meeting in Gothenburg. The evening entertainment was karting, about 30-40 blokes there. After every race you were given a 500ml 5% lager to sup before your next race. Must have had 6-8 bottles before my final race. The days before health and safety.

Many years ago i attended a distributors meeting in Gothenburg. The evening entertainment was karting, about 30-40 blokes there. After every race you were given a 500ml 5% lager to sup before your next race. Must have had 6-8 bottles before my final race. The days before health and safety.
A group of us went karting in Prague about 15 year ago. They had one bloke to keep an eye on the whole track and look after all the karts. He looked sick of his life. In between pulling karts out of tyre walls and pushing knackered ones off the track he kept disappearing for tab breaks. Pretty sure there was a bar there as well.

A group of us went karting in Prague about 15 year ago. They had one bloke to keep an eye on the whole track and look after all the karts. He looked sick of his life. In between pulling karts out of tyre walls and pushing knackered ones off the track he kept disappearing for tab breaks. Pretty sure there was a bar there as well.
I'd imagine karts in prague 15 years ago could have been 2nd/3rd hand death traps

The one I did was in Wigan and was over two floors. You had to floor it to get up to the next floor and landed with a bump. A similar experience was to be had on the way back down.
This the morning after a beer festival was not good

Reactions: PTR
First turn and the s's are flat out until the hairpin, which is a hard braking zone

Depends on how good a driver you both are!
Evidently not as good as him, cos he beat me. The car driver in me was a bit cautious on the brakes, whereas him only having driven in games he wasn’t worried about stacking it or spinning out. Tbh I was too busy having fun to think about lap times. We were supposed to have two 15 min sessions so I figured I’ll learn the course on the first one and go for it on the second, but when I checked my watch we’d had 25 mins in one go so I only had 5 mins left. Did a best lap, then got slowed down by a yellow flag and spun in on my last lap. I can see how it’s addictive like. I want to go back and beat that time already.

Reactions: PTR
Evidently not as good as him, cos he beat me. The car driver in me was a bit cautious on the brakes, whereas him only having driven in games he wasn’t worried about stacking it or spinning out. Tbh I was too busy having fun to think about lap times. We were supposed to have two 15 min sessions so I figured I’ll learn the course on the first one and go for it on the second, but when I checked my watch we’d had 25 mins in one go so I only had 5 mins left. Did a best lap, then got slowed down by a yellow flag and spun in on my last lap. I can see how it’s addictive like. I want to go back and beat that time already.
Owned by a 13yr old. Git funny

Went back again yesterday, a year down the line, and this time he was allowed on the adult karts. He came first, beating all the adults, and destroying my best lap by 11 seconds. He’s clearly a talented driver, but it got me wondering how much weight makes a difference? I did most of the track on full throttle, only really braking for the hairpin, but people were just sailing past me, even when I had the racing line, and were out of sight on the straights. I’m sure me being 260 lbs and the boy only 140 must have made some difference like (although it doesn’t explain how every other bloke kept overtaking me as well). I wonder how much regular practice would improve my times, even allowing for the weight penalty?

Went back again yesterday, a year down the line, and this time he was allowed on the adult karts. He came first, beating all the adults, and destroying my best lap by 11 seconds. He’s clearly a talented driver, but it got me wondering how much weight makes a difference? I did most of the track on full throttle, only really braking for the hairpin, but people were just sailing past me, even when I had the racing line, and were out of sight on the straights. I’m sure me being 260 lbs and the boy only 140 must have made some difference like (although it doesn’t explain how every other bloke kept overtaking me as well). I wonder how much regular practice would improve my times, even allowing for the weight penalty?
I didn't realise you were that fat Dave mate. Like proper professional eater fat. Fair play. 👍

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back