Karting

Bloke at work says the indoor Newcastle one cos it’s cheaper.

Just looked there, Warden Law is £40 for 30 mins, Newcastle is £30.

Been to both and preferred Karting North East at Warden Law to the one at Dunston. Dunston is a smaller, tighter indoor track. KNE is a larger outdoor track, felt like there was a bit more opportunity for overtaking on that one.

Warden Law setup very professional.
I think they do a 30mins introduction session for kids for £25 which includes tuition, test drive on the small track then if they're good enough they get time on the big track.

as long as your transport to Newcastle costs less than a tenner then go to Newcastle and save a few quid
The ones in Newcastle are throttled to fuck so you come to a standstill on corners.

Someone of Daves stature will only do about two laps.

If you just want Karting then go cheapest, if you want best go Warden Law.

Warden Law setup very professional.
I think they do a 30mins introduction session for kids for £25 which includes tuition, test drive on the small track then if they're good enough they get time on the big track.
He’s old enough to skip that. I’ve just seen you can get 30 mins for £35 on a Sunday.
Do they still run if it’s wet?
The ones in Newcastle are throttled to fuck so you come to a standstill on corners.

Someone of Daves stature will only do about two laps.

If you just want Karting then go cheapest, if you want best go Warden Law.
Do they ask for ID? I might pretend he’s 14 so we can both get adult karts.

Last edited:
He’s old enough to skip that. I’ve just seen you can get 30 mins for £35 on a Sunday.
Do they still run if it’s wet?
Do they ask for ID? I might pretend he’s 14 so we can both get adult karts.

I dont know the answer to the above but you need to be mindful that karting is both physically and mentally draining.
If he has never been karting before I would think long and hard about putting him in an adult kart which, depending on the variant, will be reaching speeds of 50-60mph.
If its also raining then consider that most tracks do not have wet tyres so he will be out there approaching a wet bend full pelt on slicks. Is he going to know how to react if it all goes tits up?
Start him off on the juniors and see how he gets on.

Last edited:

Back