Karting

I dont know the answer to the above but you need to be mindful that karting is both physically and mentally draining.
If he has never been karting before I would think long and hard about putting him in an adult kart which, depending on the variant, will be reaching speeds of 50-60mph.
If its also raining then consider that most tracks do not have wet tyres so he will be out there approaching a wet bend full pelt on slicks. Is he going to know how to react if it all goes tits up?
Start him off on the juniors and see how he gets on.
The problem is that if he’s on a junior kart and I’m on an adult one he’s not going to be able to compete with me is he? Unless i’m useless of course.

This is just up the road from us:Accueil - Grand Circuit du Roussillon , glad the lads are older used to cost a fortune when they came over, good fun mind.

That looks brilliant.
The problem is that if he’s on a junior kart and I’m on an adult one he’s not going to be able to compete with me is he? Unless i’m useless of course.

Can absolutely knack your ribs karting, and imagine if he's in an adult car and doesn't 'fill' it as much as you might he could end up feeling it for a few days/weeks afterwards!

You are correct, thing is and I know it sounds drearily boring they do have an age limits on the adult karts for a reason.
He might be fine in the dry but take a look how difficult controlling a kart can be in the wet.
Only you know your lads strength, size and temperament.

Last edited:
The Warden Law one is great.

I copped a flag for aggressive driving last time I was there.
I went into the tyre wall, backwards, at full tilt last time. A tyre went in the air and landed on my head. Took a few seconds to get my breath after that one lol

The used to be a decent place just off the A66 near Middlesbrough - used to do carting and ATVs. Had a pretty decent track which used to host amateur motorbike races when not used for Karting. Mind that was maybe 16 years ago so may not even be there now and it was close to the parallel world of Southbank ASDA

I won when I did it narl. Still have my trophy on display at work (was about 7 years ago) :lol:

I eased off too - it was a management do and all the others were about 5 stone heavier than me and said I should be handicapped next time the fat fuckers :lol:

Back