just paid 8.20 for two pints in the dun cow

Status
Not open for further replies.

It really is. Depending on where you drink, it is the standard price.

Aye, like London?
In the town there's only really the Dun Cow that charge that much, so no it isn't the norm.
As Mackem00 said earlier, £8 will get you 3 pints in most places. That's the standard price.

I paid £9.40 for 2 pints in some bar riddled with student types in York. Must be made of money these students.

We are. £10,000 scholarship for being dead clever/working-class, and a job. I'm pretty much the nouveau riche

That scholarship has to pay my rent and course fees like...

I need you to pay your taxes so you can keep me well paid and in a job.

I'll quite likely end up in a public sector job, probably for a council, so your taxes will be paying for me, and vice versa there.

I might even assess the health of prisoners and come and say hello. Just be careful where you stick that truncheon this time.

I'll quite likely end up in a public sector job, probably for a council, so your taxes will be paying for me, and vice versa there.

I might even assess the health of prisoners and come and say hello. Just be careful where you stick that truncheon this time.

What happens in York stays in York ;):lol:

Over £4 up north for a pint is shocking like. Can understand it in London and thereabouts but not in Sunderland...
Pay £2.50 in my local and its decent stuff (Preston).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back