just paid 8.20 for two pints in the dun cow

Status
Not open for further replies.

I really like what they've done to the place and will definitely drink in there again but we never tend to stop in one place for long on a night out anyway. Except on matchdays when Ttonic is THE PLACE TO BE.

Wasn't me like hew.
I was in there a few weeks ago to have a look, they made a nice job of the refurbishment, wouldn't drink in there mind, don't mind the odd pint, but it's not the type of place to sit and have a conversation.

I'm paying 8 dollars for a pint of coloured water over in Disney, f***ing rank... intend on visiting a few Epcot watering holes to see if things improve.

I'm paying 8 dollars for a pint of coloured water over in Disney, f***ing rank... intend on visiting a few Epcot watering holes to see if things improve.
Seem to remember the German sector sold canny beer. Maybe imported. steins too!

Reactions: JJH
The Head of Steam chain keep the beers better than 95% of other places I've been in. Have things that nobody else has, if you're interested in drinking Belgian beers or trying something different like a Weissbeer or an American IPA the selection is second to none. (In certain bars)
I used to drink pints of snakebite, lager sometimes even a session on the Guinness, still do when I'm out with the lads but usually don't mind paying the extra to try a nice 9% Belgian beer for instance if i just fancy a quiet 1 or 2. Horses for courses isn't it, if you pay the price you get something half decent. The mark up is on the high side i must admit, but I'd rather pay the little bit extra than sit in spoons listening to Weird Tony mouth breathe from 3 tables away.

I might work in head of steam, not biased or anything ;). But all the staff that I've met know a hell of a lot about beer and it's canny to know more about what I'm drinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back