Jumper on the town bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Has anyone got any statistics on the deaths per year from the bridge?
Be interesting to see.
You could probably work it out from echo articles.

Sunderland 'only' has 25-30 suicides a year, you won't find site specific statistics that have been officially released

There's a lass who repeatedly goes over side of the bridge and threatens to jump. Obviously got issues , bless her. Sad that she can't get the help she needs.

I got over the Redheugh frequently and as harsh as it sounds it tends to be a Sunday and Monday when I see the police etc trying to talk somebody down.

There was one ready to jump on Tuesday night as I passed shortly after 10pm, never heard anything so hope that one and this one end well.

Horrible to think that a young lass would get to this point. I have to say I think social media has a lot to do with this, it’s always been the have and have nots in society especially as teenagers but social media amplifies this. Hope she’s ok

Maybe but depression, despair, desperation etc have been amplified with the consciously cruel cuts in help & support in services while people who clearly need those services are derided not only in social media but in MSM e.g. The Sun, The Express, Channel 4's Benefit Street.

For a British Government to draft in US companies to decide who is entitled to what and use tactics such as asking wheel bound people questions like 'when did you catch cerebral palsy?' and 'have you tried walking?' is abhorrent & inhumane and to the recipient the worst sort of humiliation imaginable.

I hope the girl in the sea today is ok.

Yes mate, tough day for us and the lifeguards, two saved and one found in Morrisons.
Not one to preach but people should never underestimate how much donations to the RNLI achieve stuff like today.

Such a terrible thing poor girl. Hope they got her back. Any updates ?

Was taken into police custody, where appropriate help is administered hopefully

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back