Juan Sartori

well farage isnt a libellous comparison..but im not sure its accurate for several reasons

1) Sartori is not his party's leader
2) Sartori's party are the conservatives...UKIP/Brexit Party were not conservatives..they were radical right wingers..
Yeah but he ran for leader and failed, and is now going down the career politician route. Can’t say hes beeen involved in us much ?
one cant be..and whose the proxy anyway?
I thought SAFC fans were big supporters of farage anyway..Sunderland voted for Brexit..his signature/only policy..
I thought you were an SAFC fan also ?

one cant be..and whose the proxy anyway?
I thought SAFC fans were big supporters of farage anyway..Sunderland voted for Brexit..his signature/only policy..
Racist by proxy is if I’m a racist and you’re my friend you are therefore a racist.
In post #41 you allude to that.
I know nothing of English politics. We’ve got our hands full over here trying to keep up!

Roy has a winners mentality so much he sits in TV studios doing non compeititve stuff for a living..
whereas Sartori..the self made billionaire competes in business and politics every day..and pumps the proceeds into SAFC...to try to make that club more competitive..

who is trying to be a winner out of the two of them?
I don’t know anything about Sartori hence my post expressing I didn’t know what he is for.

However, I see no appreciable benefit to my club.

When Roy was here we had a never say die attitude and I loved it. The players would respect him due to his footballing achievements and I like that too.

I don’t know anything about Sartori hence my post expressing I didn’t know what he is for.

However, I see no appreciable benefit to my club.

When Roy was here we had a never say die attitude and I loved it. The players would respect him due to his footballing achievements and I like that too.
you dont see any benfit? he is pumping millions in..isnt that enough?
The players when Keane managed SAFC respected him because his football achievements were recent...
but they arent recent now and many of the players coming through now would have limited memory of him playing and know him just as a bloke off the telly.
Wayne Rooney had maybe greater achievements as a player than Keane..some more recently..and it doesnt help him..
Keano, Bring Him Home.
Oh hang on KLD and Speakman don't like being questioned.
Bring Him Home.
Keane doesnt like being questioned..is a proven liar and workshy..

The players when Keane managed SAFC respected him because his football achievements were recent...
but they arent recent now and many of the players coming through now would have limited memory of him playing and know him just as a bloke off the telly.
Wayne Rooney had maybe greater achievements as a player than Keane..some more recently..and it doesnt help him..

You missed out proven winner.

Tbh Keane and Sartori are actually agreeing with each other here- expecting the same outcome from different perspectives.
Keane wouldn't want to or be able to work within our parameters of what we want from a head coach- it would have been a disaster.

Doesn't matter if in your opinion he's workshy and a liar, you already alluded to the fact that he's a winner in another post. Highly doubt that Keano will be losing any kip over your dodgy analysis of him.

If anyone thought we could compete with keanes tv money you are living in cloud cookoo land ..im sure keane would have been concerned about coming out of retirement and making a fool of himself and as he said the project has to be right and working for a penny pinching austerity model owners would not have ticked any of keanes boxes.It was a non starter from the start and was smoke and mirrors to hide the fact they couldnt find anybody cheap enough to work under their conditions as no decent manager would for long.

As I said I know nothing about Sartori. I don’t know if he has put millions into the club and to be fair why should he tell me. I’m just a fan. He is an owner.

But as a fan I do not see any benefits of him being here. I saw the benefit of Keane managing us every Saturday.

Keane wasn't who we needed at the time.
I’m not so sure. I think that the players that we had at the time would have run through brick walls for him, and we would have done similar to what we did under Neil. I genuinely feel that if he’d ridden out the storm first time around then we’d never have come down. But unfortunately I don’t think it’s in his make up to accept mediocrity in what he does and so as soon as it started going wrong it was always going to be a problem 😔.

It says a lot when most supporters I know still love Keane. How many managers have we had in the past 50 years that a lot of supporters still love?

I’m not so sure. I think that the players that we had at the time would have run through brick walls for him, and we would have done similar to what we did under Neil. I genuinely feel that if he’d ridden out the storm first time around then we’d never have come down. But unfortunately I don’t think it’s in his make up to accept mediocrity in what he does and so as soon as it started going wrong it was always going to be a problem 😔.

It says a lot when most supporters I know still love Keane. How many managers have we had in the past 50 years that a lot of supporters still love?
I loved Keane. He brought the club back up to a level of respect we wouldn’t have otherwise achieved after that awful performance in the Premier League the season before; standards were brought back up when the whole club was in a mess. Players weren’t good enough, coaching wasn’t good enough and Sunderland was seen a soft touch before he came in. He was exactly who we needed at the time.

In League 1, however, considering the way the club is set up, how it is run and who is in charge, I could only see it ending in disaster and being a waste of everyone’s time.

Neil turned out to be the right appointment and him subsequently dropping us in it was a blessing in disguise.
Bit hard to take STID seriously when the owner of Fulwell 73 who make STID is on the SAFC Board, alongside Sartori.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be on the Board, but it's bound to show the club and its directors in the best possible light.
I wouldn’t ever consider STID to be a journalistic piece. It’s made purely for entertainment.

Last edited:
As I said I know nothing about Sartori. I don’t know if he has put millions into the club and to be fair why should he tell me. I’m just a fan. He is an owner.

But as a fan I do not see any benefits of him being here. I saw the benefit of Keane managing us every Saturday.
he has told you..he does have..its the law..
and its in the accounts..he has put millions in..
Keane was good a decade ago..so were a lot of people.the circumstances are different now..his mehtods wont work with todays young players and they know him only as a caricature playting to the cameras on TV money..
Doesn't matter if in your opinion he's workshy and a liar, you already alluded to the fact that he's a winner in another post. Highly doubt that Keano will be losing any kip over your dodgy analysis of him.
is he a winner? He used to be..now he isnt hungry..and winners are hungry..
The liar thing is a reference to niall quinns comments about him..

Keane was good a decade ago..so were a lot of people.the circumstances are different now..his mehtods wont work with todays young players and they know him only as a caricature playting to the cameras on TV money..

He has not told me and I have not seen the clubs accounts.

Plus I don’t want to as I probably wouldn’t understand them. I still don’t see the point of him as a fan.

I think our views are entrenched and neither of us are likely to change so I will say I am right and leave it there.

I'd imagine he's still got that mentality, still on TV every week, so still winning albeit in a different capacity.

[QUOTE="kildaremackem, post:

[/QUOTE]

Bet you wouldn't tell him that to his face.

Back