Juan Sartori

Needs to go! has been as effective as a noble gas ..without the nobility but lots of gas..........he guaranteed a loan for a couple of barrow boys and got a 20% stake in the club for a nominal fee..other than spend to protect his investment he has actually done nothing to help our club progress..he needs to go and take his unearned profit with him ,the mad pop man had him sussed ,calling him a locust and he is a stain on our great club and needs to go!

I loved Keane. He brought the club back up to a level of respect we wouldn’t have otherwise achieved after that awful performance in the Premier League the season before; standards were brought back up when the whole club was in a mess. Players weren’t good enough, coaching wasn’t good enough and Sunderland was seen a soft touch before he came in. He was exactly who we needed at the time.

In League 1, however, considering the way the club is set up, how it is run and who is in charge, I could only see it ending in disaster and being a waste of everyone’s time.

Neil turned out to be the right appointment and him subsequently dropping us in it was a blessing in disguise.

I wouldn’t ever consider STID to be a journalistic piece. It’s made purely for entertainment.
I know exactly what you are saying and I almost agree. But sometimes there is a connection with a club and a player / manager that just creates something extraordinary, and goes against all logic. In my lifetime of watching, that’s Keane for me. Even if he took over us tomorrow, there is something in my mind that “knows” we’d become unstoppable quickly and somehow go up. He fits us like Keegan fitted the Mags - not great anywhere else but just worked perfectly for them.
Keane and Speakman relationship would not last 2 minutes
I genuinely think it would be a perfect fit, as strange as it seems. I can imagine the conversation.

Keane: Find me a f***ing goal scorer. I don’t care how young he is, how he fits the model, or what nationality he is, just find him for me. And he must score goals, or I’ll come round your house and force feed you your fingers!

Speakman would be more successful in his job if a head coach properly demanded players in certain positions. I think Keane would do that. The way the model should work is the head coach identifies the positions, the data identifies the players.

Just my view of course.

Last edited:
...same amount of promotions as Mowbray😜
well same amount from the championship as mowbray..
mowbray has a league one promotion..
I'd imagine he's still got that mentality, still on TV every week, so still winning albeit in a different capacity.
its weird to have that mentality and not try to compete...
[QUOTE="kildaremackem, post:

Keane doesnt like being questioned..is a proven liar and workshy..

Bet you wouldn't tell him that to his face.
[/QUOTE]
you right..his invective would be terrifying...thats what he does now..

Last edited:
well same amount from the championship as mowbray..
mowbray has a league one promotion..

its weird to have that mentality and not try to compete...

Bet you wouldn't tell him that to his face.
you right..his invective would be terrifying...thats what he does now..
[/QUOTE]
Dunno, mebbes he's winning on footy manager or FIFA and getting satisfaction.....who knows.

Back