Juan Sartori - investor?...

• Thread starter Deleted member 7431
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your opinion. People always assume more money is better, but the right money is more important. We need an owner with the right motivation, not someone who is a billionaire but doing it as a vanity or financial project. See also: Short, Ellis.
He won't be the owner. Answer the question

He won't be the owner. Answer the question

What? :D I did already. A lot depends on what Sartori's longer term ambitions are. What kind of control does he want in the long run.

If it's him putting £20m in today, for 20% (for example) and he wants nothing else, then fine. I'm just asking questions about the motivations though.

And we also don't even know that it would be him :D

What? :D I did already. A lot depends on what Sartori's longer term ambitions are. What kind of control does he want in the long run.

If it's him putting £20m in today, for 20% (for example) and he wants nothing else, then fine. I'm just asking questions about the motivations though.

And we also don't even know that it would be him :D
You haven't. It's all based on what ifs and maybes.

I'm not sure the Don & Crystal are wanting a big investment at this stage.
Based on what they said themselves.

You haven't. It's all based on what ifs and maybes.

Because so is this entire conversation. Your opinion just seems to be MOAR MONEY = GREAT. Remember where we've been, Rocky. We had an owner with a lot more money and that was a disaster. I'm saying we should be owned entirely by the right people, regardless of their overall wealth.

Because so is this entire conversation. Your opinion just seems to be MOAR MONEY = GREAT. Remember where we've been, Rocky. We had an owner with a lot more money and that was a disaster. I'm saying we should be owned entirely by the right people, regardless of their overall wealth.
Yes we're better off not having money as a previous owner wasted his money.

Yes we're better off not having money as a previous owner wasted his money.

Haway lad, that's a ridiculous leap to make from what I posted :D

Just saying that as we stand, money isn't going to be the difference between league one and the championship, and where/How that money comes along in future is important. There's a habit of people structuring these in vestments so they can recoup them regardless of the club's performance. The likes of Donald and Methven will put the club first, whereas people who don't have the right motivation will not.

I'm not saying Sartori is definitely like that, just something to think about.

Haway lad, that's a ridiculous leap to make from what I posted :D

Just saying that as we stand, money isn't going to be the difference between league one and the championship, and where/How that money comes along in future is important. There's a habit of people structuring these in vestments so they can recoup them regardless of the club's performance. The likes of Donald and Methven will put the club first, whereas people who don't have the right motivation will not.

I'm not saying Sartori is definitely like that, just something to think about.
Why make the point about what we used to have?

I can' see how having a billionaire investor with family links to Monaco could be a bad thing.

What is more interesting is the timing of his trip to Monaco, it's literally days after the takeover.

So either it was already planned or he's now decided for whatever reason he needs more firepower, maybe simply because the fans are nervous about him and Charlie having enough money, maybe he himself is getting nervous about the money.

I'm inclined to just take what's already been said as the transparent truth.

1) it's always been an international consortium (see SAFC statement)
2) They knew next season would be ruined if they had to wait 8 weeks for approval like Forest. (He told us they had asked advice from EFL and they told him just British folk would be faster.
3) As EFL knew the international consortium was no longer involved they asked Stewart to show the £50m. Which he did.
4) Now it's sorted he is getting the old band back together, the EFL can take as long as it wants as he has the coin for at least midtable championship anyway.

It might not happen yet. Stewart might only want the billionaire in at 7% and now it's debt free and he has been offered £22m profit already the share price might have gone up.

The international investor might want 50% and at old share price or might want to insert one of his men to keep an eye on things. Who knows.

I hope he has a good weekend in Monaco anyway.

Last edited:
What is more interesting is the timing of his trip to Monaco, it's literally days after the takeover.

So either it was already planned or he's now decided for whatever reason he needs more firepower, maybe simply because the fans are nervous about him and Charlie having enough money, maybe he himself is getting nervous about the money.

I'm inclined to just take what's already been said as the transparent truth.

1) it's always been an international consortium (see SAFC statement)
2) They knew next season would be ruined if they had to wait 8 weeks for approval like Forest. (He told us they had asked advice from EFL and they told him just British folk would be faster.
3) As EFL knew the international consortium was no longer involved they asked Stewart to show the £50m. Which he did.
4) Now it's sorted he is getting the old band back together, the EFL can take as long as it wants as he has the coin for at least midtable championship anyway.

It might not happen yet. Stewart might only want the billionaire in at 7% and now it's debt free and he has been offered £22m profit already the share price might have gone up.

The international investor might want 50% and at old share price or might want to insert one of his men to keep an eye on things. Who knows.

I hope he has a good weekend in Monaco anyway.
That all ties in with what @Tonton Zola Moukoko and @Reiver (I think?) have been saying throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back