Juan Sartori - investor?...

• Thread starter Deleted member 7431
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

I have my doubts that it is Sartori, and would have slight concerns if it is him, because the process of getting him on board is more convoluted than it should be.

One thing that jumps out is that he's a personal friend of Donald's who has already shown an interest in buying a club at this level before. I'd query what it is about Sartori that made him less suitable to be involved from the get go, given I can't think of any circumstances where Donald wouldn't have asked him to be? I'm not buying the speed with the EFL thing on any level when someone has already been interested in doing it before.

The two that spring to mind are that he either doesn't particularly have much interest in us, or that his money may not be entirely clean for the EFL approval. Neither screams that he'd be an asset as a minority partner.

I'd prefer it was Donald and Methven than having more investors who are not going to add value, or who are in it for the wrong reasons.

Why wouldn't he want a billionaire investor?

As a minority partner though. He isn't going to put a hundred million in when he owns <20% of us. He may offer some help in the Championship, but I'm struggling to see how him being involved now helps us in League One.

I have my doubts that it is Sartori, and would have slight concerns if it is him, because the process of getting him on board is more convoluted than it should be.

One thing that jumps out is that he's a personal friend of Donald's who has already shown an interest in buying a club at this level before. I'd query what it is about Sartori that made him less suitable to be involved from the get go, given I can't think of any circumstances where Donald wouldn't have asked him to be? I'm not buying the speed with the EFL thing on any level when someone has already been interested in doing it before.

The two that spring to mind are that he either doesn't particularly have much interest in us, or that his money may not be entirely clean for the EFL approval. Neither screams that he'd be an asset as a minority partner.

I'd prefer it was Donald and Methven than having more investors who are not going to add value, or who are in it for the wrong reasons.

As a minority partner though. He isn't going to put a hundred million in when he owns <20% of us. He may offer some help in the Championship, but I'm struggling to see how him being involved now helps us in League One.

The minority partner may be offered, at a later date, a greater share when the stakes are eventually raised, back in the top flight. Allowing SD still to have an investment, but handing over the majority ownership to Sartori.

Will it hinder us?

The minority partner may be offered, at a later date, a greater share when the stakes are eventually raised, back in the top flight. Allowing SD still to have an investment, but handing over the majority ownership to Sartori.

It's possible, but I'd say that's pretty unlikely. It would require Donald to want to sell his majority stake in an appreciating asset.

And again, I'd be worried about that, because Donald at the current point would own 74% + 6% with Methven, which effectively (knowing methven will always align with him) means he never has to get consent for anything. If he sells a majority stake to Sartori or any other investor, they have ultimate control, whether they install Donald or not.

So if we're into the PL using Donald's model, I'd say it would have been a roaring success, done the right way, and personally I'd be worried if we were selling to a guy who has more resources but less interest.

still don't see why this bloke would want to be a minority shareholder

he's got that much money he could just but the club outright multiple times and then some

Will it hinder us?

Depends on your opinion. People always assume more money is better, but the right money is more important. We need an owner with the right motivation, not someone who is a billionaire but doing it as a vanity or financial project. See also: Short, Ellis.

Not trying to be negative btw, I just think Donald and Methven are the right people at the right time, and there are a bunch of people who I'd prefer not to be involved if they're not that arsed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back