Jordan Pickford

It does feel like they are desperate to criticise him, last night Dixon had a go at him for not giving the ball quickly to Saka and Pickford picked out a great 60 yard pass to Grealish which created a chance and he said nothing even when the commentator said how good it was to have that delivery.
Yep, they are waiting imo...Dixon was just one example. I'm waiting for Souness having a go.

It does feel like they are desperate to criticise him, last night Dixon had a go at him for not giving the ball quickly to Saka and Pickford picked out a great 60 yard pass to Grealish which created a chance and he said nothing even when the commentator said how good it was to have that delivery.
I imagine Dixon won’t have thanked the commentator for making him look silly. Dixon will not be offering any more opinions either now.

I imagine Dixon won’t have thanked the commentator for making him look silly. Dixon will not be offering any more opinions either now.
Even Talksport are standing back from critisising the likes of Sterling and Kane for their poor performances, no pundit is calling them out for a shit performance YET, and rightly so, praising Bukary Saka to the heavens who I think has been a breath of fresh air, the one real positive point of the Southgate team

Dixon will probably be calling for a parliamentary inquiry if Pickford ends up being at fault for a goal. I remember thinking last night how bizarre his criticism seemed.

Just seems as though there's a bit of an unwarranted narrative against Jordan because of a couple of high profile errors at Everton and the Van Dijk tackle, he's been England's most consistent player this tournament and his distribution is essential to how we want to play. Not one of Pope/Henderson/Johnstone/Ramsdale have anything close to his ability with his feet.

I doubt Pickford ,would be getting this level of criticism if he was the Man Utd, or Liverpool keeper.
Perhaps Dixon is comparing him, intentionally or not, with Seaman. Is he as good as Seaman, of course not. Not even close.
That said is Maguire as good as Adams, or Ferdinand, of course not but he is not receiving the same level of critical appraisal.
Pickford is, imo, not a world class keeper but is the best we have to choose from. He has been consistently better, when playing for England, than at Everton.
There are far easier, and more worthy, targets for critical assessment than the goalkeeper. Starting with our cowardly manager.

I agree. Rice is so defensive Southgate might as well play another "real" centre half and get rid of Rice. He offers nothing to midfield.
This ^
I missed the team and the first 20 mins last night and spent the rest of the first half thinking we’d changed to 5 at the back, because there was a 3rd CB playing between Stones and Maguire - he never seemed to touch the ball and it took until just before half time before the commentator mentioned him as Rice.

Clueless Dixon always looking to dig Picky out. I remember his goalkeeping pal Seaman making some huge errors in big games. Bet he didn’t say nowt to the pony tailed one.

Back