Jordan Pickford

Was a coward,reminded me of Rodwell..hiding and didn't want the ball. Don't get the hype around him one bit.
I spent a fair while watching Rice while the ball was elsewhere and his positional sense is dreadful. He always seems to be ten yards from being useful. He cannot pass the ball forwards to save his life. Not quite what the West Ham University of Creative Football is supposed to produce, shirley?
Anyway, this thread is about Pickford, who improves steadily as time goes on. He is sorting out his issues and gaining confidence in his area so he is easily No.1. His punches are usually 25 yards and his distribution sets up more chances than Rice could dream of.

Last edited:
I spent a fair while watching Rice while the ball was elsewhere and his positional sense is dreadful. He always seems to be ten yards from being useful. He cannot pass the ball forwards to save his life. Not quite what the West Ham University of Creative Football is supposed to produce, shirley?
Anyway, this thread is about Pickford, who improves steadily as time goes on. He is sorting out his issues and gaining confidence in his area so he is easily No.1. His punches are usually 25 yards and his distribution sets up more chances than Rice could dream of.
If Rice didn’t play for West Ham he’d be nowhere near the first 11. Fashionable to like rice because good old West Ham had a good season. He’s bang average.

He seems to up his concentration levels when playing for England, don't think he's ever had a bad game for them.

Interesting fact: Pickford has now played more times for England than he did for Sunderland.

yes, i'd agree but not in recent times.

Sterling is probably another poor game away from being on the front pages with his personal life in the firing line. Pickford doesn’t really have that to worry about even if he blunders.

I agree to an extent though. Pickford isn’t given the credit he deserves for his performances in an England shirt. He’s barely foot a wrong in England colours.

Sterling is probably another poor game away from being on the front pages with his personal life in the firing line. Pickford doesn’t really have that to worry about even if he blunders.

I agree to an extent though. Pickford isn’t given the credit he deserves for his performances in an England shirt. He’s barely foot a wrong in England colours.
Aye, Jordan nearly went off the rails but seems to have regained course ,shall we say.

Our only good player tonight took some stick and still does (even when he makes a good save) but always looks solid as England's number 1.
He was our best midfielder. I noticed he tried to get the ball forward and missed out the boring defenders when he could.

Back