Jordan Peterson

I'm not engaging in any debate about the foundations of his research and the scientific absolutes of his arguments. I'm merely pointing out that he is a respected academic with objectively robust credentials.
I've mentioned this on a previous thread about JP, but his academic profile isn't very good. Notwithstanding Charmless' point about his discipline being on shaky ground as it is (which is fair), within that discipline his 'serious' academic work isn't well cited (and it's a field where the expectation is that you'll be cited a lot to be taken seriously).

TLDR: he's not taken seriously as an academic these days.

A lot of big words for what's essentially a load of shite.

Thank heavens for Jordan crybaby Peterson, Rolf Harris and Andy Murray. Great trios tag team that like.
Yeah, I'm right though. The nonsense that's crept in and became mainstream: CRT, white privilege, the trans ideology etc- giving kids puberty blockers and thinking that's progress , letting rapists self identify, freezing the Bank accounts of protestors (Trudeau) 10-15 years ago you couldn't even hear these far-left purple haired clowns, they were that much of a fringe element, now they've influenced all parts of society.
Like I said thank christ we have people like Peterson injecting some much needed common sense into the discourse.

Last edited:
I used to like the stuff he said she even read his book which was ok, then he's just become a posh Andrew Tate or typical influencer who will say anything for attention.

Yeah, I'm right though. The nonsense that's crept in and became mainstream: CRT, white privilege, the trans ideology etc- giving kids puberty blockers and thinking that's progress , letting rapists self identify, freezing the Bank accounts of protestors (Trudeau) 10-15 years ago you couldn't even hear these far-left purple haired clowns, they were that much of a fringe element, now they've influenced all parts of society.
Like I said thank christ we have people like Peterson injecting some much needed common sense into the discourse.

Nowt you mention after this point is 'mainstream'. Chances are, your devices direct more content about this stuff towards you due to your political meanings. I refuse to believe you actually consider kids getting puberty blockers a mainstream occurrence - how many kids do you know who have? How many people do you know who's bank accounts have been frozen due to 'the left'? Infact, how many trans do you know?

Last edited:
Nowt you mention after this point is 'mainstream'. Chances are, your devices direct more content about this stuff towards you due to your political meanings. I refuse to believe you actually consider kids getting puberty blockers a mainstream occurrence - how many kids do you know who have? How many people do you know who's bank accounts have been frozen due to 'the left'? Infact, how many trans do you know?
It doesnt matter how many people I know, thats irrelevant, the fact is it's happening and happening more and more. Kids were given puberty blockers and the authorities thought- yes, tgat should happen Someone self identifying as female raped a woman on an all female ward in this country and the NHS attempted to cover the incident. These are both factual and this, is just two examples of the madness that we've allowed in society, I could go on and list countless examples.
There's people on here who advocate crt theory including white privilege which has zero academic value, it's utter nonsense;- the opressor v the oppressed the same people call Peterson an pseudo intellectual and a fraud.

Basically, on most of those issues, he's just the sort of confirmation bias you need. And he knows that about millions just like you, hence his popularity.

It doesnt matter how many people I know, thats irrelevant, the fact is it's happening and happening more and more. Kids were given puberty blockers and the authorities thought- yes, tgat should happen Someone self identifying as female raped a woman on an all female ward in this country and the NHS attempted to cover the incident. These are both factual and this, is just two examples of the madness that we've allowed in society, I could go on and list countless examples.
There's people on here who advocate crt theory including white privilege which has zero academic value, it's utter nonsense;- the opressor v the oppressed the same people call Peterson an pseudo intellectual and a fraud.

So, not really 'mainstream'?

That’s actually a thing of his.
How we look at ourselves and others. Often through other peoples eyes.
You are judging him by who likes him.
Your conscience won’t let you judge him any other way. You’ll find that you do that with everyone, thinking you are right but you can only be 50% right with this process, it feels like you are more right than 50% but that’s because you dismiss and disengage with any anyone outside your realm of thought. And only engage with like minded people. So everyone around you and everyone that you like enough to care will be mainly like minded.

That’s where he gets political and religious because they are just easy examples of his and this theory.

But if you went on a platform where he’s loved and respected and posted this you’d be ostracised and mocked. You’d either leave or stay and be constantly laughed at and ridiculed. You’d still be the same person with the same opinion of him and still be 50% right but you would just be the 1% on that platform that everyone else thinks is wrong.

Which then leads on to his thoughts on suicide and suicidal thoughts which upsets him as he has personal experience.
I just think he's a right tatey.
Canny :lol:

Last edited:
Less than 100 kids are prescribed puberty blockers in the uk and new prescriptions are banned. It’s not and has never been mainstream.” It’s happening more and more” is simply untrue and there has never been a universal acceptance it was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
That’s another way to look at it :lol:

That’s his point. You don’t. You live by other peoples that you think are right.

<<Nah, I choose what I feel is right or wrong, it might be eclectic sources with similar but not identical dogma. But it’s still my choice, it’s unique to me but it’s of my own volition. Theres nearly 8 billion people on the planet, with billions of different ways of thinking. Some are convergent some are divergent. But the decision remains mine, eg this response to your post was entirely taken by me. I could have chose not to. No one person can be the guardian of morality

Less than 100 kids are prescribed puberty blockers in the uk and new prescriptions are banned. It’s not and has never been mainstream.” It’s happening more and more” is simply untrue and there has never been a universal acceptance it was the right thing to do.
"Puberty blockers, which pause the physical changes of puberty such as breast development or facial hair, will now only be available to children as part of clinical research trials."
Oh, that's reassuring! We can make kids infertile, unable to have an orgasm as an adult and have potentially life long issues as long as it's in a trial setting. Here was me worrying about it.

Over a hundred in just over a year you mean.

Back