Jordan Peterson

The arsehole's arsehole. That clip of him crying because life just wasn't fair was canny funny mind once I'd stopped cringing myself inside out. He's what thick people think a clever person sounds like.
Never heard of him ! Your last sentence is superb😁😁😁😁😁😁
"He's what thick people think a clever person sounds like"
Go for a writing job👍👍

He seems to say things that go against the grain so it’s inevitable he will divide opinion.
He attracts the usual modern left wing critique/sneering of “he’s thick and so are all his followers” a behaviour which over years has resulted in the marginalisation of millions of working class people resulting in things like Brexit, to make what are in real terms mostly working class non intellectuals feel like they are beacons of progression and enlightenment.
Personally haven’t seen much of him so don’t have a strong pro or anti JP opinion.

He's slightly ott but I don't buy into the modern way where so many have to love him and so many have to hate him
He clearly speaks from a background of being educated in topics but I don't get the 1 theory fits all solutions He comes up with .
This. When he started he was just a clinical psychologist and lecturer and became famous because of his opposition to a compelled speech law. Some of what he says I agree with a lot. He may have jumped the shark a bit the more famous he has become but I’m more for than against.
He is a very divisive character. I think people who dismiss him must have never listened to him. People who think he is the great modern thinker must never think.

I've really never watched anything from him. Barely even know what he stands for to be honest. But, as also said above, what I do know is that anyone who seems to talk about him favourably seems to be an utter f***ing worthless gonk.

This. When he started he was just a clinical psychologist and lecturer and became famous because of his opposition to a compelled speech law. Some of what he says I agree with a lot. He may have jumped the shark a bit the more famous he has become but I’m more for than against.
He is a very divisive character. I think people who dismiss him must have never listened to him. People who think he is the great modern thinker must never think.

Well when you say ‘listen’ what precisely do you mean by that? Do you mean pick up the vibrations generated by his larynx with the inner machinery of your ear and have it carried to your brain and translated in unique meanings? Well what do you mean by meanings, let’s talk about that.

*sobs*

I've really never watched anything from him. Barely even know what he stands for to be honest. But, as also said above, what I do know is that anyone who seems to talk about him favourably seems to be an utter f***ing worthless gonk.
He isn’t that much of a guru that the dafties think but he isn’t the loony bogey man either. There are plenty of more profound thinkers that you can listen to/read so not bothering is no great loss.
I do find the reaction he engenders probably the most interesting thing about him.
Well when you say ‘listen’ what precisely do you mean by that? Do you mean pick up the vibrations generated by his larynx with the inner machinery of your ear and have it carried to your brain and translated in unique meanings? Well what do you mean by meanings, let’s talk about that.

*sobs*
😁😁

Back