Jordan Peterson

I'm confused. I thought men being able to cry without ridicule was a sign of progress. Yet on this thread it's being used as a source of ridicule by those who I'm sure promote the idea that society should allow men to express emotion.

Correct 100%, the decisions are yours, of course they are which maybe on another day you may not have chosen to reply for a billion reasons. But you’d still have the same moral thought of not liking someone who you don’t know and based on other peoples opinion of him. It’s how our brains work.
An example is, say to a kid do you like food that they have not tasted before. Very few will say I don’t know I haven’t had it, they will judge it on what they know from other sources. 50% of kids who haven’t tasted it will say yes 50% will say no. In theory. It’s how we evolve. Until you can actually even contemplate listing to him with an open mind you will simply not like him.

To be fair, I’ve had friends recommend him for a few years. As a result I’ve took time and listened a few of his podcasts, YouTube videos, interviews etc.
I didn’t hear anything from him that was overtly remarkable. I understood everything he talked about, I just didn’t agree with it.

Last edited:
To be fair, I’ve had friends recommend him for a few years. As a result I’ve took time and listened a few of his podcasts, YouTube videos, interviews etc.
I didn’t hear anything from him that was overtly remarkable. I understood everything he talked about, I just didn’t agree with it.
Same here. Find him compelling on certain subjects but seems once he wanders off track he just waffles.

Back