Jonny Bairstow

What? its all true.

Are you a Ben Foakes mega fan despite him averaging 25 this year?
Fuck knows why he wants the gloves anyway. He needs to buckle down, just concentrate on scoring runs and stop acting like a ****. He's a very talented batsman, but seems to be getting drawn into a battle of the big guns of Butler, Roy ,Stokes' and himself. This is f***ing test match cricket we are talking here, not a 50 over slog, as entertaining as we are.
We are far too heavily loaded with stroke makers in that side. They need to get their heads down and battle like fuck, but it won't happen, as there will be success in the 50 over and T20, and all will be forgiven.

This post proves my point, you want a stroke maker at 7, sort the top 5 out, another who blames our lower order for our top order struggles.

Last edited:

What? its all true.

Are you a Ben Foakes mega fan despite him averaging 25 this year?

This post proves my point, you want a stroke maker at 7, sort the top 5 out, another who blames our lower order for our top order struggles.
My point is sunshine that he's a far better batsman than what he's dishing up currently. He's getting dragged into a big gun battle imo. Sack the gloves off anyway and get on with sensible run making. No way would I drop him, he's a second best batsman imho.The gloves need to go to butler or Foakes, it's a toss up at the minute.

The amount of stick this lad gets is fuckin hilarious

Just like trying to blame our top order failings on a number 7

It really is mad

There was even one poster on here slagging off during the World Cup after back to back 100s in knock out games m
The amount of stick this lad gets is fuckin hilarious

Just like trying to blame our top order failings on a number 7

It really is mad

There was even one poster on here slagging off during the World Cup after back to back 100s in knock out games m
The slagging off after back to back hundreds was a piss take

He’s clearly an excellent one day player

His test record in the last 24 months or so is crap.

My point is sunshine that he's a far better batsman than what he's dishing up currently. He's getting dragged into a big gun battle imo. Sack the gloves off anyway and get on with sensible run making. No way would I drop him, he's a second best batsman imho.

He’s back to his 2012-13 form and is probably no better than a load of others.

He gets bowled far too often for a front line batsman. If he were LBW a lot that would at least suggest he’s trying to get in line, but instead he leaves a huge gap between bat and pad and on dismissal his bat is way out in front of his front leg. That suggests he’s going hard at the ball and not defending a straight delivery

The slagging off after back to back hundreds was a piss take

He’s clearly an excellent one day player

His test record in the last 24 months or so is crap.

Really wasn’t, wasn’t talking about you by the way

I went to 2 ashes tests and he played well in 3 of the innings, not really sure why he has a 7 page thread on him

His supporters admit he shouldn't bat higher than 7 i.e. He's not a test match batsman.
He's certainly not a test match w/k.
Therefore, he shouldn't be in the side.

Aye Ben foakes would have scored 17800

Despite not being able to score runs in county cricket

Eh? Yes he is, he’s a good wicket keeper

That’s the strangest take yet
Bairstow is a decent ball catcher standing back.
Up to the stumps, he's been found wanting.
I'd like to hear the opinion of the experts e.g Knott,Russell, Taylor.
I suspect they'd agree with me.

Last edited:
Because you keep coming on, desperate to ram your tongue up his arse?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣...

Oh...

You're serious..😳

HAHAHAHAA!

Grow up mate. You were actually unhappy when he was scoring 100s in the world cup, says it all,you have so much hate, the personal stuff is so out of order when you consider what he has been through too, think that says a lot about yourself actually.

going to do something I should have done a long time ago and stick you on ignore. No time for trolls like you whse main objective is to slag off the players, dont' get why people watch cricket if they take this little pleasure out of it.

Cya later. Maybe find a forum for your own team?

Last edited:
Tbh, he should count himself lucky to be in the test team. Since 2017 he averages 29 in 36 tests played. Other than 2016, his test record is actually quite poor - he's averaged under 35 every year except 2016 since making his debut in 2012.

Completely understandable that fans are calling for him to be replaced.

Tbh, he should count himself lucky to be in the test team. Since 2017 he averages 29 in 36 tests played. Other than 2016, his test record is actually quite poor - he's averaged under 35 every year except 2016 since making his debut in 2012.

Completely understandable that fans are calling for him to be replaced.

Get Ben Foakes is, he is averagung even less than that in county cricket recently! what a player

I think we can all agree Bairstow and Foakes should be on the plane to New Zealand.

Then the new coach can make his decision about who plays.

No need to start getting angry at each other @TheRey and @The Rat over a difference of opinion.

We all backed Borthwick to the hilt for an England call up on here. So can imagine why the rey feels so strongly for Foakes over Bairstow.

At least Foakes has some pedigree for England so it isn't a bad shout.

Last edited:
Bairstow's a very good Test batsman without question. His career average is fine but he has been going through a slow period so it could easily be better. Maybe his white ball cricket is confusing him but I'd have him in the side far ahead of Buttler.

Burns, Root, Stokes and Bairstow are nailed on for me, outside of the bowling division. The only sad thing is not Bairstow's inclusion but that the list is so short.

As often happens the board fixates on an issue rather than the problem. The problem is nos 2, 3, 5 ie the batting positions not occupied by Burns, Root, Stokes and Bairstow.

Bairstow may have an issue with form at the moment but it is not a problem, it becomes a problem is he is sacked because then we need to find yet another batsman who isn't there.

Last edited:
If it was up to me, I’d have all three of them in the side, Bairstow, Buttler and Foakes. Three excellent batsman and an embarrassment of riches when it comes to picking a keeper.

Keeper has to bat 7 however.

If it was up to me, I’d have all three of them in the side, Bairstow, Buttler and Foakes. Three excellent batsman and an embarrassment of riches when it comes to picking a keeper.

Keeper has to bat 7 however.
In isolation I could accept any of them at 7. As keeper

I simply don’t see any of them batting higher than 7 however. Bairstow is the most likely, but his form in the last 2 years is really poor.

Back