Joiner advice

Surely you would have seen that sh1t joint when he done it
Nope, has been totally fine for a year.
That's what I thought too, it's pretty noticeable. Some people have the brass neck for owt, can just imagine the fella saying that's the best he could do.
It was tight until this week - that gap hasn’t always been there, even I’m not that daft…!

It was about a year ago but I think £20 a door

Last edited:

It's got a chipboard core so it's not a hollow one.
I'm guessing the screws on an angle have gradually come loose making the joint between the 2 pieces more noticeable over time.
Yep correct, it was originally flush and then has gradually came loose over the past week then dropped noticeably tonight (so that I could just pull off the bottom section).

At the minute, running macro economic scenarios / models for various underdeveloped African countries.
tell them to stop having so many kids would be a good start, as for your problem get 2 metal plates about 4 inches by 2 inches with 4 holes in and 8 half inch screws and fix them to the back of the door and flap and pva glue

Last edited:
Only thing you could possible try to do is Biscuit joint it together.

Funny as fuck like tbh how he’s done it . Should have just cut the bottom rail off it would have been better than that .

It's got a chipboard core so it's not a hollow one.
I'm guessing the screws on an angle have gradually come loose making the joint between the 2 pieces more noticeable over time.
If it was OK when the bloke 1st did it and the joint wasn't noticeable just a case of screwing it back together. Possible longer or larger gauge screws, plenty pva on, it's water based and the excess will just wipe away with a damp cloth. And as @luvulongtime suggested if the inside is just a cupboard you could fasten metal or wooden strips across the joint. 👍

Only thing you could possible try to do is Biscuit joint it together.

Funny as fuck like tbh how he’s done it . Should have just cut the bottom rail off it would have been better than that .
I that's what I would have done just fucked the bottom rail off and had the vertical paneling going down to floor level.
He's tried to be clever making it look good but ultimately its a failure that 🤣

If it was OK when the bloke 1st did it and the joint wasn't noticeable just a case of screwing it back together. Possible longer or larger gauge screws, plenty pva on, it's water based and the excess will just wipe away with a damp cloth. And as @luvulongtime suggested if the inside is just a cupboard you could fasten metal or wooden strips across the joint. 👍
Thank you - just an understairs cupboard so some kind of strip / bracket should be ok even for me
Not really .

Give it a go nowt to lose.

All else fails hang the bottom part separate and pretend it’s a stable door .
Just the top bit hanging now, quite liking the saloon style. Knowing me it will stay like that forever now….🙈
The screws he used were about 2 inches long. And bent as owt when I got them out…which may well be from all the flapping past couple of days
Not really .

Give it a go nowt to lose.

All else fails hang the bottom part separate and pretend it’s a stable door .
Thank you 👍🏼

Last edited:

Back