Joiner advice

Where's @Gillythedilf when you need him to ask-

* What lazy 🤬 did that job?
* Enquire as to whether or not you work in an office or wear a wedding ring prior to dispensing appropriate advice?
* Pull the skin back before urinating?

and any others I've forgotten :)

Last edited:
Experienced joiner (!) who I used to hang 15 internal doors about a year ago. The bottom of the door has basically just dropped off which is how I have discovered this.
Lots of other work done (some by his son, who was his ‘apprentice’ / lackey) is even worse.

I am useless at anything over and about basic DIY which is why I was asking if there was any reason he wouldn’t have glued it in the first place (before I try and do that myself). 👍🏼
If its a hollow door there's fuck all to glue together once you get past the timber that runs down each side of the door and that's usually only about 40mm deep possibly less if the door has been dressed a lot.
I would have refused to do that, but I'm guessing he just went ahead and did it without your knowledge ? It's a bodge job.

If its a hollow door there's fuck all to glue together once you get past the timber that runs down each side of the door and that's usually only about 40mm deep possibly less if the door has been dressed a lot.
I would have refused to do that, but I'm guessing he just went ahead and did it without your knowledge ? It's a bodge job.
Thank you. Knew it was a bodge based on various other little bits that have gone wrong elsewhere. Never mind, not the end of the world

Back